Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New Years Resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Resolutions

So, 2009 is creeping up on us! With Christmas just around the corner, New Years is waiting at the next light What changes are you planning, if any, for 2009?

I'm planning to continue my "100 Day Challenge" http://www.cocreatingourreality.com/ by making sure there are no dishes in the sink when I go to bed. I also want to begin following a more structured daily schedule because I have time to do everything I need to, I just don't manage said time very well!

So - spill it! What are you going to do? Also, feel free to stop back here during the year for some re-motivation!
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Re: New Years Resolutions

Meh, mine's boring - we're hoping to go on a cruise in March, so the weight loss starts after Christmas. I'm beginning to think that going on cruises is the only way to convince myself to lose weight. I lost 20 pounds before the last one (and actually managed to keep it off!) I'm hoping to lose about 10-15 pounds before this one.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I want to run again so I have to start slowly. My goals are pretty simple- run three days a week and Pilates two days a week and anything more than that is a bonus.

The REAL goal is to do a 5k by February. (and by February it will be warm again.)

Jenn

Comment

Honestly, all of my resolutions are to to keep my head above water until the start of residency. We'll see what happens after that! New baby, new city, new job for dh and me a SAHM for a while. No stress there!
        Kris

Comment

As of last year, I decided not to make resolutions (maybe I should check old posts but I'm pretty sure of that!). I could never remember them. Somewhere over the year, I resolved to check-in and make mid-year resolutions. Somewhere along the way, I had been wanting to re-learn piano and I'm taking lessons now. It took me a few months to get that worked out. I should make a resolution to practice a little more between lessons. That and this nice little muffin top I'm working on with the holiday sweets...there is another one. Maybe I *should* make some this year.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
            That and this nice little muffin top I'm working on with the holiday sweets...there is another one.
            DH likes to sing the "Muffin Man" song to me I should probably do some more crunches at home (HATE doing them at the gym!)
            Jen
            Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I don't make resolutions. I know I won't keep them, to I don't even bother. I have been pretty good about keeping an eye on what I eat and hoping my cholesterol falls a bit more, so as long as I can keep that going, I'm happy. My yoga instructor makes us do yoga crunches to strengthen our core. I'm sore for at least a day after each session.

Comment

Working...
              X