Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Help - I need a new tree!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - I need a new tree!

Calling all online and store shopping gurus!

Three years ago I stumbled upon a Christmas tree at a craft store mid January. IT was 90% off from $200!! Needless to say, it came home with me. It is a beautiful tree. However, after moving to our new home last year, the tree is too fat for the space where we want to put it. Last Christmas we left off the 2 lower rows of branches (in the back) to make it fit and told ourselves that come the 26th, we would shop for a new one. Well, it did not happen - log story short, I ended up in the ER last year and was not able to shop. Fast forward to this year...the fat tree was used again and I am now on a quest to find a new tree. The problem is that most trees I have found are pre-lit. I do not want a pre lit because the pre-lit that my ILs have already has a strand out after 2 yrs. What's the point then? If you are going to have to string lights anyway. :huh:

So, if any of you come across the following - let me know.

7 1/2 - 8 ft
    Slim
    Un-Lit
    Less than $150

Thanks - in advance!!
    :hey:
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Re: Help - I need a new tree!

We bought a tree similar to what you're looking for at Target a few years ago.
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Today:
      I went to
      Lowes
      Home Depot
      Michaels
      Hobby Lobby
      Target
      Linens & Things (which is closing BTW)
      and a local hardware/landscape store that I knew had trees

They ALL only had pre-lit trees left.

I am exhausted...although the traffic was not as bad as I expected. Well, looks like the fat tree may be coming out next year gain.

Comment

I've been looking for a tree too and the one thing I can't find is an unlit tree! Really annoying. I'd rather do the lights myself and see an inherent problem in pre-lit trees. Bah
        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

This may sound weird and I admit that I am the last person on Earth that should give advise about Chirstmas trees . . . but have you considered a 1/2 tree? I saw them in a catalogue and they seemed kinda practical -- you place them up against the wall and that way you have the effect of a fat tree but it doesn't take as much space as a full tree. JC Penny has one for about $80 that is unlit.

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?Dep ... Id=1481414

Also, treetopia.com might be a good place to look for an unlit tree. Looks like they have a narrow unlit one for about $100. http://www.treetopia.com/ProductDetails ... e&CartID=0
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I did see the 1/2 tree. I wondered what they look like IRL - I only saw them online. Don't know if it will work for me because I put my tree in front of the window in the formal dining room. If I did not have tables and chairs, Fat Tree would be great. BUT in order for people to be able to sit at the dining table, fat tree either has to lose branches or we get a skinnier version.

Comment

Thanks for the tip MrsK. Just got a narrow unlit tree from treetopia Next year will be our first year with a tree.
              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I'm so glad I could help!
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Have you tried Costco or Bed Bath and Beyond?

I hope you find a deal!

What a neat idea for a half tree.

Comment

Ooooh - forgot about BB&B! I'll check it out tomorrow. Thanks! We do not have Costco - we are in Sam's Club country. Went to Sam's today and the trees were prelit. Maybe I am just behind the times wanting an unlit tree.

Comment

One reason I really wanted an unlit tree is for the sake of options. Growing up each year we decided on what we wanted that year - colored, white or flashing. I liked that and to me is part of the whole tree tradition.

Comment

Working...
                      X