Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Looking forward to 2003!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking forward to 2003!!!!

I am glad everyone had nice holidays spent with friends and family. Our family had a nice time together despite nothing going our way. Just say I am ready for 2003 to arrive!

Our plans involved going to Wisconsin to spend Christmas with my husband's family the weekend before Christmas, come home so my husband could take call on the 23rd and drive to Michigan on Christmas Eve to spend a few days with my family.

What really happened..... The day we left for WI, our car wouldn't start, our daughter threw up in her bed and our toilet was plugged. We got off ok with our friends giving us a ride to the airport. After deplaning, Avery threw up all over my husband and herself and we realized she had an ear infection. (So far whenever she travels, she has gotten sick). We got her antibiotics and the same day I came down with the flu, followed by my husband and the rest of the family two days later. We missed our return flight on Sunday because of our illness and couldn't get a departure until Christmas Eve forcing my husband to miss his call and not allow us to get our car fixed. My husband ended up having to make up his call on Christmas day because no other fellows would cover for him. (4 out of 7 don't even celebrate Christmas) We couldn't visit my family because our car wouldn't start. Avery and I hung out by ourselves on Christmas day and my mom and brother came down to Cleveland on the 26th. While they were here, my mom got the flu and was in bed for two days.

We are now all healthy and our car is fixed. I am kind of laughing at all that happened and have decided that next year we aren't going anywhere for the holidays!!!

Happy New Year!!!!

Jennifer
    Needs

Oh wow!!! What a way to spend the holidays!!

I'm glad everyone is feeling better! Have a great new years!!

Comment

Jennifer-

You might just win the worst Christmas ever story! It's good that you can laugh about it now. Ours was thankfully uneventful, although we did dogsit and brought them down to our house on Christmas Eve. So, yes, that was 3 adult dogs (just recently out of puppyhood), three adult cats (two of whom hate each other) and one four month old kitten all in a 1000 square foot house. Hello? What were we thinking??! but we survived, the dogs spent most of their time outside, as did mommy cat who is the aggressor most of the time, and I drank wine.

Jenn

Comment

I'm sitting here laughing for both of you. We call this "making memories". Whenever things go wrong I tell my daughters we are making memories. We have made a lot of memories over the years!!!
        Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

What a bummer--I'm glad you guys are feeling better!
          We were sick with the flu the week before Christmas, and then when my mother-in-law came to see us we got her sick, too. She ended up spending Christmas with us instead of going home to my father-in-law because she was too sick to drive the 7 hours home! Your story sounds so much worse, though!!!
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Oh, Jennifer, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read your story. The laws of the universe must somehow dictate that some good things are going to happen to you all soon. Hopefully, everyone is feeling better, the car was cheap and readily fixable, and your nerves are soothed by now.

Best wishes for a better start to the new year!

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Re: Looking forward to 2003!!!!

Originally posted by jlynnb
              I am glad everyone had nice holidays spent with friends and family. Our family had a nice time together despite nothing going our way. Just say I am ready for 2003 to arrive!

Our plans involved going to Wisconsin to spend Christmas with my husband's family the weekend before Christmas, come home so my husband could take call on the 23rd and drive to Michigan on Christmas Eve to spend a few days with my family.

What really happened..... The day we left for WI, our car wouldn't start, our daughter threw up in her bed and our toilet was plugged. We got off ok with our friends giving us a ride to the airport. After deplaning, Avery threw up all over my husband and herself and we realized she had an ear infection. (So far whenever she travels, she has gotten sick). We got her antibiotics and the same day I came down with the flu, followed by my husband and the rest of the family two days later. We missed our return flight on Sunday because of our illness and couldn't get a departure until Christmas Eve forcing my husband to miss his call and not allow us to get our car fixed. My husband ended up having to make up his call on Christmas day because no other fellows would cover for him. (4 out of 7 don't even celebrate Christmas) We couldn't visit my family because our car wouldn't start. Avery and I hung out by ourselves on Christmas day and my mom and brother came down to Cleveland on the 26th. While they were here, my mom got the flu and was in bed for two days.

We are now all healthy and our car is fixed. I am kind of laughing at all that happened and have decided that next year we aren't going anywhere for the holidays!!!

Happy New Year!!!!

Jennifer
              Awww... Jennifer, I am sooo sorry that all that happened to you guys!!! I hope little Avery is okay now... I am planning on calling you early next week, and let you know everything that's going on here... There's so much that has happened, personally and professionally, I know I can't even begin to tell you...

I hope you have a great New Year!!!!! It's sooo great that is 2003... WE made it!!!! We really, really made it through residency!!!!! Woooohoooo!!!! This is going to be a wonderful year... I am sooo ready for a transition in our lives... I'm sure you are too...

Well, we'll catch up soon...

Love ya,
              Christy

Comment

Thanks for your concern everyone. This is the first chance I have gotten to post. We started laughing about the whole holiday mess on the 26th when I went to pick up my husband from the hospital in our second (normally less reliable car) and it wouldn't start either! Both cars were out of commission. Luckily, the crappy car only needed a jump. Through this whole mess, we felt very blessed by some great friends of ours who have really helped us out since we have no family here in Ohio.

Avery got a nasty diaper rash from her antibiotics, but she is back to 100% now and eating like a little piggy and enjoying her new toys.

Happy New Year!

Jennifer
                Needs

Comment

Working...
                X