Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What can i do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can i do?

So Our laptop crashed... Geek squad said they can't re-install our Windows XP, until I get them the rest of the #s they need!! Awhile ago DS1 thought it was fun to peel the "stickers" (IE product identification labels), off the bottom of the laptop!!!
    The Windows sticker is only 1/2 there, I managed to catch him before he had gotten any of the rest of it off!! Some of the Dell stickers are partially peeled.
    Anyway I have NO idea where our Windows XP software packet is...I'm sure it's buried in a box in a closet. We used the same packet/CD when we installed the software on both computers. Is there anyway, to retrieve the rest of the #s,from this computer, that I am using?
    The bar code & the numbers that correspond to it are visible, it's just that he said they also need the other set of numbers next to the bar code #s?
    Of course this would be the part of the sticker that DS managed to get off.
    Anyway please help me figure out a way to get the #s they want, w/ out my having to dig through DH's boxes of stuff!!!!!!!

Re: What can i do?

what about going to the control panel, under the start menu...click on system...

there should be:

-system

-registered to

-computer type

is that helpful? sorry suz.

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Sylvia ...you rock! You appear to be right! I'll let you know after I speak to the Geek Squad tomorrow!

Comment

if what Sylvia suggested is correct, then I suggest you also ask to speak to a manager at Geek Squad. Any 'geek' who is supposed to be repairing your laptop should have known to look there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
          if what Sylvia suggested is correct, then I suggest you also ask to speak to a manager at Geek Squad. Any 'geek' who is supposed to be repairing your laptop should have known to look there.
          Sylvia was correct and so are you Jane. The PC was installed by us, w/ the actual CD.
          As it turns out the lap top (from Dell) came w/the windows XP already installed. Tehrefore the lazy SOBs @ Geek Squad (inside Best Buy) would just need to put a call into Dell and get the Product Key #s from them!!!
          Z is going to call Dell later and get the numbers just in case the idiot Geeks won't do it!

I was surprised to be told by the Wimdows XP lady yesterday, that even if we bought the windows XP software for our PC it would be illegal to use it to install on a lap top?? Thank goodness it pre-installed by Dell!

Comment

Working...
          X