Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Had the craziest dream. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had the craziest dream. . .

I dreamt that I was on-call! It was my first night as an intern and I had overnight call in IM and I was dressing in the call room. I was so freaked out -- didn't know what color scrubs I was supposed to wear, what I'd do with my dog overnight, where I was supposed to report, which attending was supervising me, etc. It was all so foreign -- and I hadn't even seen any patients. Oh! And then I realized that I hadn't studied and didn't know any of the medical jargon! I was protesting to another very unsympathetic intern, "But I haven't really studied since I took the Bar exam!"

I woke up so anxious -- and only then because we got a rapid succession of very early morning phone calls from various interns. Guess someone needs to trade shifts. Seriously, DrK's job is hard!
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Re: Had the craziest dream. . .

I'm definitely glad it's DH and not me! I haven't had that dream, but when he was taking Step 1, I remember waking up from a dream about me having to take it. I was so stressed! I was thinking, "He's been studying for MONTHS! How can I possibly pass this???"
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

That's so funny because I had a dream a couple months ago I was on call and didn't know how to do anything. Giving the epidurals seemed natural and easy in the dream but then I had to do anesthia for a c-section and I was so scared because I didn't have any idea where to start with that. To beat it all I showed up really late for the call in the first place because I forgot about it. It was nice to wake up a realize that this is my husband's job and not mine.

Comment

Wow! I wonder if our husbands ever dream about our jobs like that?

Comment

I doubt it. But mine dreams about his work. Once I caught him talking in his sleep, all medical jargon. I didn't realize he was sleeping at first and asked him to repeat himself. He -- still asleep -- got a little annoyed and said, "I was speaking with the attending physician!" I guess he was annoyed that I'd interrupted him.

Comment

Back when I was in programming, I used to dream in code all the time. That was... disturbing.
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I always dream about my work. When I was first starting out, I discovered just after a Friday closing, that the 89 year old seller improperly executed the deed that had been delivered to my office. (These things always happen on Fridays. I hate Friday closings.) So, I contacted the seller's attorney and after I battled with him a while -- he was shouting -- he agreed to have the seller come into my office to execute a new deed on Monday. All weekend I was worried that the geezer would have a stroke, or get lost on his way home, or die before he could sign a new deed. I dreamt that they brought his corpse to my office on a gurney. . .

I'm really good at stress dreams. I guess that's how I deal with anxiety. Before our wedding, I worried that the band would be boring. Dreamt that they forced my guests to sit silently while they performed a chamber music concert. Also dreamt that I trashed the florist's shop because he used fuscia roses instead of pink roses. And, after seeing our parents' guest lists, I dreamt about having dinner with DrK in the hallway because there was not enough room for us to be seated at the reception.

Good thing I married an aspiring psychoanalyst.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK
                I always dream about my work. When I was first starting out, I discovered just after a Friday closing, that the 89 year old seller improperly executed the deed that had been delivered to my office. (These things always happen on Fridays. I hate Friday closings.) So, I contacted the seller's attorney and after I battled with him a while -- he was shouting -- he agreed to have the seller come into my office to execute a new deed on Monday. All weekend I was worried that the geezer would have a stroke, or get lost on his way home, or die before he could sign a new deed. I dreamt that they brought his corpse to my office on a gurney. . .

I'm really good at stress dreams. I guess that's how I deal with anxiety. Before our wedding, I worried that the band would be boring. Dreamt that they forced my guests to sit silently while they performed a chamber music concert. Also dreamt that I trashed the florist's shop because he used fuscia roses instead of pink roses. And, after seeing our parents' guest lists, I dreamt about having dinner with DrK in the hallway because there was not enough room for us to be seated at the reception.

Good thing I married an aspiring psychoanalyst.
                Ahhh Mrs K those are good ones!

I'm one of those people that dreams all of the time and can remember most of them. I did that during the planning of my wedding as well! I was having my dress altered. I had these beautiful long sheer sleeves on my wedding dress made by my alterations lady. I became so stressed about the damn sleeves that I dreamed that I picked up my dress and the sleeves were elbow length with big zigzags at the bottom of the sleeves! And in stead of getting my custom veil I was given a solid black lace veil (funeral style!) I was so freaked out by that dream I didn't tell anyone about it for months!
                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

That's funny -- I recently had a dream where DH and I were entering the same residency program. It was the first day, and we went into the program director's office to be welcomed. And the whole time I'm thinking, "What am I doing here? I don't want to be a doctor!" :P

I'm very glad there are people who do want to work in the medical field, b/c I couldn't do it!

Comment

Working...
                  X