Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

wii bit of trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wii bit of trouble

have you ever put in a brand new game and it didn't work? my sister gave us Wii Music for Xmas, and we brought it home safely, and just barely got around to trying it out, but it won't load. I think she bought it from Costco, but since the kids ripped open the plastic you can barely make out the *item number* sticker and the SKU, but at least it is still there.

It doesn't load at all, so I'm thinking it's a bad disk? We don't have any problems with any of the other games we have...

Have you ever had anything like this?
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Re: wii bit of trouble

If it's Costco, definitely take it back for an exchange. You shouldn't have any problems getting a replacement!
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I haven't had anything like that but Costco is so good about taking things back. I wonder if having your sister's member number would help with the return or exchange?

Comment

I emailed my sister to check... She bought it in Washington State, and I packed it and brought it out here. But I don't think that should've affected the disk at all?...

:huh:
        Peggy

Comment

Costco has a fantastic return policy and they record everything you've bought via your membership -- so you don't even need a receipt. I'd probably ask my sister to return it for me and get a new one. (You could send it to her with a padded envelope with postage for returning the new one.) Or, I'd see if it could be returned via the website.

Alternately, I'd try to reset the Wii a few times. We've had trouble with some games that have just resolved after we've put the disk in/ out a few times and unplugged and restarted the Wii. There is also some more sophisticated reset we've had to do....but I can't recall. Google is your friend.
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I tried google and I reset it a few times... I think it's a bum disk. I may try returning it here, and if they hassle me I'll send it out to my sister-- that's a good suggestion! I can't see Costco making a big issue, though... They usually are really good about all that stuff...
            Peggy

Comment

We've had a game (Mario Party 8) that we purchased and had used several times when it all of a sudden stopped working. No scratches, nothing. Since I no longer had the receipt for it, I went to Game Stop and found a used copy of it, purchased it, and returned the bum disk the next day telling them it wasn't working. They happily refunded my money. Game Stop allows you to return used items for any reason within 7 days and defective items within 30 days. I realize it's not the most honest way of going about things, but it got the job done. Just in case you run out of other options? :huh:
              Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
              X