Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

punxatawny phil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• punxatawny phil

Grr...six more weeks of winter. (By the way I'm sure Punxatawny is incorrectly spelled and I can't bring myself to care.)

Can't somebody fix this rodent's vision so that he doesn't see his shadow. I mean it is 2009. Surely we can fix this sort of thing.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Re: punxatawny phil

Damn that rodent!

Comment

Crap, I just checked and we're suppose to have snow for next 3 days.

Comment

Nope, he's wrong - I've decided!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf
          Grr...six more weeks of winter. (By the way I'm sure Punxatawny is incorrectly spelled and I can't bring myself to care.)

Can't somebody fix this rodent's vision so that he doesn't see his shadow. I mean it is 2009. Surely we can fix this sort of thing.

Kelly

I had this exact same thought this morning. I feel like Bill Murray with how many clothes I need to put on, boots, gloves, check the temp outside etc. etc.

I read the report on the groundhog's shadow and thought "THAT BASTARD!!!!"

DH has a job interview somewhere soon where it is a four season state but the winter is more like 5 months rather than 9. The idea of moving makes my stomach churn BUT I would NOT miss these winters. Really, PEOPLE CHOOSE TO LIVE HERE????? THEY AREN'T JUST HERE AS AN EVIL TWIST OF FATE LIKE US????? It boggles the mind.
          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I feel so lucky! Here in TX. it's a beautiful & sunny 65 degree day!!!

Comment

Today was beautiful... I can't believe that darn furball really thinks winter will continue I really hope he is wrong. I need to get out of this apartment more often.
              Danielle
              Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

My thought is the same thought I have every Feb. 2...

Why are we taking our weather advice from a rodent? They seem a little low on the evolutionary totem pole to warrant consultation on such matters. I don't ask a rabbit when I need directions or a beaver when I need a recipe. I never followed the Phil logic.

I know, I know. Party pooper. I need to get with the spirit of things.

Comment

Phil, you whistling fig plucker!

I keep having to remind myself that this has not been an average winter! Usually right after I berate myself for our being so unequipped for winter with a kid. I've repeatedly make my husband promise that when we move to MN we won't have on-the-street parking (like he's going to argue against that!) but really we'll probably need a second car. For now I can stand another six weeks if we could just get temperatures of at least 20 and about 4 inches of snow or less at a time!
                  Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                  Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                  Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Don’t hate me … but I was happy to see that he saw his shadow. I received some new ski gear for Christmas and am enjoying using it. So, here’s hoping that there are many powder days ahead. :brrr:

Now with that said, I’m sure I’ll be singing a different tune if I’m in a colder location next year.

Comment

We had a beautiful weekend...it was ~30F and so ....warm! <relatively speaking> I headed out to Ikea sans kids and had a great day while dh did daddy duty...The snow on top of the ice on the streets and parking lots melted into water and as I walked around the side of my van after stowing my purchases in the back...I slipped, twisting my ankle (which is still swollen) and then falling with all of my weight onto my knee before catching myself with my hands. My knee is one big bruise (ecchymosis for all you med term fans ).

Grrrr. I'm over winter right now!

This week it has been in the minus temperatures again! It has truly been a beautiful winter this year, but...you can have enough of a good thing...and I'm saying it...Enough!!!!

Kris
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

This was a perfect winter for skiing. If it wasn't for the stupid house renovations and GRE. Last year when I had the time and wasn't feeling guilty about spending $$$ on the lift ticket, it was warm as hell. Not fair.

Comment

Working...
                        X