Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sad news on the Supremes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad news on the Supremes

Ruth Bader Ginsberg has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. They found a 1-cm cancerous mass and resected it today. But, of course, pancreatic cancer, even when found early, does not have a good 5-year survivability rate.

Very sad for the Court. You know, she and Scalia are buddies, even with their political differences. I always thought that was kind of cute.

Re: Sad news on the Supremes

Yes, I believe she had breast cancer a few years back.

Jenn

Comment

colon cancer

Apparently she & her spouse frequently spent evenings hanging out w/the Scalias

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
        colon cancer

The Ginsbergs and the Scalias are both opera fans. I think they share a lot in common socially, although not politically.

If only all of D.C. could enjoy that kind of "bigger than the differences" attitude...

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
          Originally posted by pinkpickles
          colon cancer

The Ginsbergs and the Scalias are both opera fans. I think they share a lot in common socially, although not politically.

If only all of D.C. could enjoy that kind of "bigger than the differences" attitude...
          amen to that sister!

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild
            Y'know, I think they actually do. I'm convinced all the senators are great friends.
            Sometimes I wonder if they are the in-crowd, laughing behind our backs at what a bunch of schlubs the rest of us are...

Comment

Back in the day- I was drinking wine with a certain Representative from Madison, WI. and she was paged for a vote. So, she took me with her. (way cool) and on the way home we had to stop at the local watering hole where she had left her trenchcoat from the previous evening. Because she was playing ppool and drinking beers w/ the other freshmen (at the time) representatives.

So, yes, they're really all friends. and they really do socialize. and if you ever watch the softball teams on the mall every spring you will see that love has no political boundaries.

Jenn

Comment

Silly me, when I saw this thread I wondered what was up with Diana Ross!!!
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
                  Ooops! Sorry! That's on me--I started the thread. Sometimes they are called "the High Nine," too. But THAT could DEFINITELY lead to a lot of "Cheech and Chong"-type confusion!

Although, it would also explain some of the opinions, on occasion...

Comment

Me too!
                    Now I have 'Baby Love' stuck in my head though....

Comment

Originally posted by gmdcblack
                      Me too!
                      Now I have 'Baby Love' stuck in my head though....

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123

I'm so glad it wasn't just me!!!!
                        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

OK, now I have this weird image of the Justices in long sequined evening dresses with a thigh-high slit, singing "Stop! In the Name of the Love!" Very disconcerting...

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                            OK, now I have this weird image of the Justices in long sequined evening dresses with a thigh-high slit, singing "Stop! In the Name of the Love!" Very disconcerting...
                            Tara
                            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Working...
                            X