Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Goodbye 2002!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye 2002!!

Hi all,

It's been awhile but my life took an unexpected turbulent ride over the holidays. My mother became ill in late October and I spent the entire month of November helping to take care of her. She passed away November 24th only to be immediately followed by my grandmother on December 21st. Now I have been taking care of my dad's affairs (he has alzheimer's) and trying to secure 24 hour care for him and manage his finances from long distance.

We spent the Thanksgiving holiday at a funeral, Christmas eve at a funeral and so I finally gave up on establishing any normalcy in my life and took my dad, husband and kids to Denny's for Christmas dinner. How's that for a scene out of a really bad holiday movie. The worst was we actually had to wait for a table at Denny's! The whole scenario was so overwhelmingly sad and pathetic that it ended up being almost funny.

Of course, once I was able to stop and breathe when things calmed down, I got sick with bronchitis and the dr told me I was also anemic, dehydrated and had lost five pounds during the course of the holiday events. This poor baby is going to come out of me needing instant anti-anxiety drugs.

Thank goodness I have such a family-friendly job considering I wasn't able to work for about two months. I think I would have gone insane if I had to worry about my job too. Now I am back to a somewhat routine existence with the exception of worrying about the upcoming match, my father etc.

So I am welcoming 2003 and saying good riddance to 2002. Hope all of you had a good holiday and fun New Year. We spent New Years eve watching Stuart Little 2 with my son and relaxing at home. It was heavenly!

Tiffany

Hi Tiffany-

Wow, you have been going through a lot! I'm in awe by how great you sound considering. It puts a lot of things in perspective for me.

I'm glad to hear that things are returning to "normal." Happy new year...may this year be easier for you!

Sharon

Comment

Tiffany -- I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother and grandmother. It sounds like the last few months have been really challenging for you but that you got through them and are now stronger for it. I hope 2003 is all that you wish for!

Jill

Comment

Tiffany-

I was so sorry to hear about your past few months. You do seem to have a healthy perspective on things but I'm sure it's still difficult.

I can only imagine Denny's on Christmas Eve. I have had similar experiences and the only thing I have left with is that at least I'm not the only pathetic person on earth! It does take on the tragicomedy thing, doesn't it?

Welcome back and 2003 is sure to be better.

Jenn

Comment

Tiffany,
          I'm so sorry to hear about your losses--I can't imagine having so much to deal with in such a short amount of time.
          I hope 2003 treats you better!
          Sue
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Tiffany,
            I'm sorry you had such a hard time. I do hope 2003 will be better for you. Welcome back.
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Tiffany,

I am also glad that you're back, but I am so sorry to hear about your losses over the past few months. I hope things will ease up for you a little between now and match day. Take care of yourself and the baby.

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Tiffany

Tiffany,

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother and grandmother. This must be a very difficult time for you. Please feel free to email me anytime if you need a shoulder.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Tiffany,

I am so sorry to read about the passing of your mother and grandmother. My thoughts are with you & your family.

I hope Y2003 brings much happiness & health to you & your's.

Dures

Comment

Tiffany,

I'm so sorry about this...it seems that the universe is bent on creating challenges for you. I'm hoping that you somehow have reached your life time maximum of hardships and it will only be happy days from here on out.

In all seriousness, however, I'm at a loss for words to offer any meaningful words of sympathy to you. I'm so very sorry. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Tiffany- I am very sorry for your loss and the stress you have been under in the last couple months. I hope that 2003 looks up for you and your family.

Take care, Jennifer
                      Needs

Comment

Working...
                      X