Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Waah! My iPhone is broken!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waah! My iPhone is broken!

I know there are way worse things that could happen, and that I am way too dependent on it anyway, but it's not working right!

I can't get the top (sleep? power?) button to work and it's randomly doing things when I don't press any buttons....like asking to power off and adjusting the ringer volume....when it's on I can use it, but if I let it sit for a but, it'll turn itself off...and then when I try to wake it back up? turn it on? It doesn't come on right away and sometimes takes 20 minutes!

MUST GET THIS FIXED BEFORE PLANE RIDE IN 2 WEEKS!!!! It has all my Daegan distractions!!

Seriously, how did I live without this thing?!?!? I mean, I know I did, but that was like sooooo last year! I'm going to go to the AT&T store today and see what can be done....
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Re: Waah! My iPhone is broken!

No there is no Apple store near by....

Of course, our desktop is now not working and Daegan put some toys in the subwoofer....I'm not having a good electronics day.
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Could you try force quitting? Hold the press the sleep/power button at the top and the round menu button down at the same time for a good 5 seconds until it shuts off. Then wait a few seconds, until you're sure the phone is off, and power it up again.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

The top button isn't working. I've gotten the "slide to power off" screen...and have slid to power off....but then it wouldn't come back on until I plugged it in. The battery wasn't dead either. Thanks for the suggestion though! I'll take any and all.

I haven't gone as far as to "restore" my phone....I don't want to lose the stuff I've got in it if I don't really have to.

I think it may be a hardware issue.....from maybe some impact trauma my phone has suffered these past 6 months...
        Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I went to the ATT store and they told me I have to contact Apple. I can so see where this is going, send us your phone and we'll see if we can fix it....nope sorry not under warranty....give us $$(insert an amount anywhere from 65% to 90% of the price of a new phone)$$ and we can try to fix it. We'll see.
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I think I'd try restoring it. Can't you sync it up with itunes and iphoto before you do that, so you don't lose anything?

Comment

I've had to restore DH's iPhone through iTunes 3 times in the past 7 months that he's had it. The restore function usually takes care of everything. I think one of the stupid many programs he downloaded is causing the problem. Restore is great because it backs up all your contacts, calendar and programs on the computer first, then restores to factory condition and then uploads everything back up.

Comment

I think I'll try a restore tonight then. Thanks!
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by Michele
                  I think I'll try a restore tonight then. Thanks!
                  Ohhhhh maaaan! I hope you can get working asap. I know you love that 3rd baby or yours!!!! I'm totally jealous over here!
                  Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                  "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Restore didn't work....I'm going to try to hit the Apple store when I go to Florida in 2 weeks instead of trying to do this over the phone....it's usable as long as it's plugged in....kinda defeats the point of a *mobile* phone, though.
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Man that really sucks! with the Apple store!
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I had trouble due to "impact" and they replaced mine at the Apple Store. I think your plan is a good one. If they can hand you a new one at the store, all the better. They did say that they were under no obligation to replace it for damage due to dropping it (so I wouldn't tell them) and that I should get a good hard case.
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Bummer! Sorry that restoring it didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                            Bummer! Sorry that restoring it didn't work.
                            Good luck in FL.

Comment

Oh, dear God. You may not want to get me started about iPhone issues. My first one was a real stinker that I wanted to throw against the wall within hours of getting it home. From the get-go we had problems with it. The stupid thing would randomly put itself into "recovery mode" and nothing we could do (including syncing, restoring, reloading different iTunes updates, completely wiping and reloading software, etc.) would pull it out.

We finally called our local AT&T store and they helped us get it replaced it for free and without having to send the phone into Apple Tech to see if they could fix it. Some numbnuts on the tech line tried the upsell me with, "If you purchase our extended warranty, this is covered and you won't have to be without a phone". To which I replied, "Gee, I'd almost be willing buy an extended warranty... if you stood behind the one that already came with the phone against defective hardware".

I had my new phone within 24 hours and sent the other one back after I had the new one in hand. Never heard another word about it and I'm sure we would have been charged something if it wasn't a big fat hairy hardware problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X