Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

FOOTBALL!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOOTBALL!!

GO E-A-G-L-E-S!!! Today is Philly's Eagles Spirit Day. haha. I love watching the games (Eagles play tomorrow night against Atlanta), but I get really stressed! I can't take the tension.

Who are y'all rooting for? (and if it isn't the Eagles, then let the trash talk begin! haha j/k!)

Sharon

Huge Steelers fan

I've been a Steelers fan ever since I can remember and I am sooo glad there is another girl that loves watching the NFL... We live for it here!!! haha!!

Go Steelers!!!!! We are playing the Titans tomorrow at 4:30. What time are the Eagles playing?

Christy

Comment

Christy-

Was that game a nail biter or what? We were watching it from the bar at the Newark Airport. It was so funny, all of these pilots kept coming in to watch the game between flights!

My brother and my father were both driving through all of that snow listening to the game. I was afraid that they'd drive in to a ditch or something!

Go Steelers! (or Stillers as it's properly pronounced for those of you not familiar with the 'burgh)

Jenn

Comment

My two favorite NFL teams - San Francisco 49ers & Oakland Raiders - are playing on Sunday the 12th. Whewhew!

This has been a great sports month for us so far - first USC annihilated Iowa, OH St. beat Miami, and San Fran beat the Giants. I am very partial to players who went to my alma maters (UCLA, USC). So in addition to the 'Niners & Raiders, I will be rooting for the Steelers (Tommy Maddox - UCLA) and Philly (because of Jay).

I am really pulling for the Raiders, tho. I think they were robbed, robbed, robbed last year. So this year, it's redemption & retribution.

Comment

I watched the 49ers last game...what a nail biter!!! I was psyched the Giants lost. I really can't stand Shockey. He's such a baby! haha.

That Steelers game was also a nail biter. I have to say I was rooting for the Cleveland Browns though since that's my hometown.

The Eagles are playing tomorrow night here in Philly (we secured home field advantage for the playoffs) at 8 pm. CAN'T WAIT! There was a pep rally during lunch at City Hall (I work one block from it) and it was so loud! GO BIRDS!

Sharon

Comment

I really can't stand Shockey. He's such a baby!
            ME, TOO! I hate him! He's sooo cocky. Very glad they lost

Alot of people don't like Terrell Owens (I can kinda see why!). But he's the linchpin for Jay's Fantasy Football, so we root for him to score alot of touchdowns. Besides, he's on the Niners, so....

Yes, go Philly tomorrow!

Comment

Being from KC and a die hard Chiefs fan, I never thought I would say this but.... Go Raiders! I always liked Gannon when he was in KC and think the Chiefs blew it when they let him go. So I have been secretly rooting them on for awhile unbeknownst to the die hard Chiefs fans around me. I hope the Raiders go all the way this year.

Tiffany

Comment

I lived in Atlanta for six years before living here. My Mom, and one sister & one brother are still in Atlanta. I on the other hand have been here for a long time and still feel torn about who to be rooting for!!! My daughters definitely are for the Eagles.
                Luanne
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I have to ammend that , my youngest dayghter is a die hard Dallas fan. Where did that come from??
                  Luanne
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I agree with Tiffany! Gannon is just awesome. So glad he's finally getting the recognition he deserves

Speaking of the Raiders, I was very disappointed when John Gruden went to the Tampa Bay Bucs last year. I think he still had a lot of work that needed to be done with the Raiders and was sad to see him go. But sorry to say, he will get his you-know-what kicked by the Niners tomorrow :!:

Comment

Dures...

I can tell you one thing... Pittsburgh LOVES Tommy Maddox!!! They LOVE him!!! LOL!!

Well, as you can imagine as with your NFL colors... we have black and gold all over the town and the school kids around here are encouraged to wear black and gold on Fridays before playoff games... LOL!!

I too cheer for teams that have players from my alma mater which for me and my husband is West Virginia University (WVU). Amos Zeroue & Mike Logan both play for the Steelers and came from WVU... So, every time they do something we are screaming loudly at the TV... haha!!

Ok, best wishes for your teams... except the Titans... haha!! I'm kidding!!! Best wishes to you all as well... I still hope Steelers can pull through though...

Catch ya later!
                      Christy

Comment

Jennifer

Jennifer, don't you miss the Pittsburgh Steelers? You have a lot of family from here, right?

Hey, and did you get a hold of your friend from Morgantown? I never heard anything else and wasn't sure. If not, let me try again... You know how doctors can be with passing along information... heehee!!!

Comment

My family is about as hyped up as they can be. My aunt and uncle (who have moved approximately 1,000 times in the last 30 years) plant a "golden triangle" in their yard. It's usually marigolds but one year she had it planned so that it started with tulips and ended with mums! My dad has the terrible towels out and everyone has black and gold to wear. It's just crazy.

When my parents moved from the 'burgh to Maryland when I was in second grade they were stunned to find that the neighbors next door, across the street, four houses up and two streets over were all from Pittsburgh. Needless to say, we had some amazing Superbowl parties back in the day!

Jenn

Comment

Christy,

So glad to hear that Tommy Maddox is loved in Pittsburgh. It's really heart-warming reading about his story and better yet, his amazing comeback from football oblivion. We had such high hopes for him here - even tho he left us (UCLA) after only his sophomore year; and were disappointed when he bounced from team to team and league to league afterwards.

Well, now's his time to shine. Hoping he pulls it off

Dures

Comment

All I can say is.... GO RAIDERS!!!

Jennifer
                              Needs

Comment

Working...
                              X