Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keys

I am so flippin aggravated right now. I can't find my KEYS!!!!! Now I'm stuck home until Dh shows up. Any thoughts on where those little suckers might be?
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Re: keys

Check your coat pockets. That's where mine are when I can't find them.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Ugh! That's awful - I get so mad at myself when I do that! Usually mine are just in a different pocket in my purse. (I'm generally a little OCD about putting them in the same pocket every time.) Also, did you check the door? If you were carrying stuff in when you came home, they could still be there, or with the stuff you brought in.

Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

When mine are well and truely lost, it is a good bet that DH took them along with his keys.
        Kris

Comment

Well, the good news is that they're probably in the house somewhere, since you were able to get in. I'd check the lock on the door, check under mail and junk mail, check in between seat cushions ... Were you carrying something when you walked into the house? Ug. I hope they're not lost for good!
          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

In the bathroom? Hanging on a hook? I'm guilty of losing my keys so many times, I have extra sets stored and I don't even worry about it anymore. They always turn up eventually. (In residency, when we had little babies and I was on my own all the time, I had DH change the locks on the door two times because I lost and could not locate my keys. Just what you man wants to do after a 36 hour shift, huh? )

Once, my one year old daughter stole my keys and buried them in the sand box. I found them a month later when we were playing outside.

My guess is your DH has them in his pocket. Did he use them this weekend?
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I'm sure they will turn up, unless you are my DH who managed to THROW. HIS. AWAY. over the weekend. Something possessed him to shake the garbage can and sure enough they were in there...
              Kris

Comment

Kris and Angie win the grand prize!

When DH was leaving work he called to tell me they were in his car. I guess I left them in his car at some point over the weekend. The thing that was so aggravating was that I was on my way to a doctor's appointment. I got myself ready, shoes on and everything.. about to walk out the door and was like "Now... what is it that I need? Oh yeah, keys." Meanwhile the house is a mess. I went through EVERYTHING looking for them this afternoon.
                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Glad you found them - almost had the same EXACT situation today! Oh, Tuesdays!
                  Jen
                  Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I have found my keys in the refrigerator after putting groceries away

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight
                      I am so flippin aggravated right now. I can't find my KEYS!!!!! Now I'm stuck home until Dh shows up. Any thoughts on where those little suckers might be?
                      I lose mine CONSTANTLY. And I even have a special key hook on which to hang them in the kitchen. And yet...I can't tell you the numbers of times I have stood, cursing to myself under my breath, angry at the Key Gods and their serendipty.

Comment

Working...
                      X