Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Find Your Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find Your Spot

So as not to take over Sylvia's thread. I thought this might be fun.

http://www.findyourspot.com/

What are yours?

ETA: Make sure to opt out on the "Congratulations" screen because on the next screen you have to register to see your list.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Re: Find Your Spot

Hmm...mine were surprising to me.

Little Rock, Arkansas
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Clarksville, Tennessee

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

My top 5 are:

Tacoma, WA
      Bellingham, WA
      Chattanooga, TN
      Greenville, SC
      Johnson City-Kingsport, TN

Other notables on my list - i.e. towns that we'd consider if they had major medical centers (of course most don't):
      Colorado Springs, CO
      Overland Park & Topeka, KS (I don't think so!)
      Seattle, WA

Interesting, no MN towns...
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I took it too. My top 5 were:

1. Albuquerque, NM
        2. Portland, OR
        3. Las Vegas, NV
        4. Little Rock, AR
        5. Honolulu, HI

I *hate* Las Vegas, but I like Albuquerque and Portland a lot. My hometown came in at #12, DC at #22, and DH's top choice for residency at #23. And no love for southern California, which surprised me a little bit.
        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

My top 5 were:

1. Little Rock (I would've never considered this before)
          2. Las Vegas- Love Vegas, almost went to UNLV for undergrad. Too bad no teaching hospitals there
          3. Baton Rouge- Another one I hadn't previously considered...
          4. Houston
          5. Albuquerque- Born & raised here, love it, will be sad to leave for residency
          6. San Antonio- Love it there, already thinking it's going to be one of our top choices for residency

Other notable mentions were Austin, Fort Worth, LA, Phoenix, San Diego, Tampa, Memphis, OKC, Tucson, Orange County, and Long Beach. All which I can easily see us living in. It's obvious I need sunshine and belong on the west coast for the most part.
          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

My top five were:
            1. Fountain Hills, AZ
            2. Alpine, TX
            3. Hickory, NC
            4. Salisbury, SC
            5. Murray, KY

Interesting No big cities on the list because I really don't like big cities
            Jen
            Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Charlene, UNSOM does the bulk of its teaching in Vegas. It's definitely a teaching hospital, just not a very good one.

This quiz seems to give Little Rock a lot of credit, judging by our posts so far...
              Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Ocala, FL
                Gainesville, FL
                Biloxi, MI
                Fredricksburg, Tx
                Brownsville, TX
                Tuscaloosa, AL

Nothing doing in Ohio...
                Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Little Rock, AR (any chance their visitors' bureau sponsored this quiz?)
                  Baton Rouge, LA
                  Providence, RI
                  Fayetteville, AR
                  Baltimore, MD
                  New Haven, CT

I never would have thought of any of these. However, Baltimore is near DrK's family and DrK has an aunt in New Haven. Cities I would have considered --- Chicago, Milwaukee -- were futher down on the list. Cleveland was no where in sight (but I do like Cleveland).

Edit: This is interesting, I just re-did the quiz as though my small-town bred husband was answering. . . Little Rock is on his list too. Could Little Rock possibly be the most perfect city in the country? Also, his hometown didn't make the list. . . but the next town over did!
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I can't remember the order on mine but I had Portland OR, Little Rock, New Haven, Hartford, Providence, Albuquerque. Funny because our top choices for residency were Portland and Providence.

I wonder if this website is a cover for the Little Rock Chamber of Commerce?

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild
                      Charlene, UNSOM does the bulk of its teaching in Vegas. It's definitely a teaching hospital, just not a very good one.

This quiz seems to give Little Rock a lot of credit, judging by our posts so far...
                      Funny, I had no clue! Would I be a bad wife if I lied to DH and steered him to one of the programs there? I guess it's a moot point anyhow since the specialty he's considering isn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
                        I wonder if this website is a cover for the Little Rock Chamber of Commerce?
                        Is there anyone who didn't get Little Rock on their list? It was listed #1 on mine.

Comment

Denver, Colorado Springs, Sarasota, Orlando, and Charleston...

I would love to live in Colorado someday. I don't know why Florida made my top 5!

Of course, the military will most likely send us to podunk in tornado alley USA...

Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

No Little Rock here (although it probably de-selects it when you narrow yourself to the midwest).

Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
                            Cleveland, OH
                            Detroit, MI
                            Bismark, ND
                            Sioux Falls, SD
                            Indianapolis, IN
                            -Deb
                            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Hartford, CT
                              Sheboygan, WI
                              Cape Cod, MA
                              Danbury, CT
                              Champaign-Urbana, IL

I still see New England as the location of our future vacation home but not our primary residence. Husband lived on the Cape for two years after college, but I don't think he'll be going back there.

There were several WI towns on my list, which is pretty accurate--definitely interested in southern WI. I'm very much wondering what I said, though, that it gave me zero MI, IN, or OH towns. Are they so different from WI?

Little Rock was on my list down on page 3.
                              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Working...
                              X