Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Snow, snow, snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow, snow, snow

Blech. It's everywhere. The storm has hit. Everything had just thawed out too. I'm so over winter. Make it stop.

I'm telling DD1 ballet has been canceled. I just can't deal with it in the middle of a snow storm. Too many coats, boots, hats and stress. I'm not up for it. I'm parking myself in front of the TV and radiators.
    -Ladybug

Re: Snow, snow, snow

I agree... I am so over winter too and this is tooo much snow. I liked it when all the snow thawed out... I guess it will thaw out again at the end of the week!

Comment

This was probably my best chance in four years of living in Washington to get the federal government to shut down, and...

...we got a two hour delayed start. And my boss wants everyone gone by 4. So, not quite a shut down, but a 5 hour workday.

So I'm not complaining! But then, this is the only real snowstorm we've had this year.
      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

DD1 cried the whole way home after I told her ballet was canceled. She refused to come out the car until I promised hot chocolate and told her she could play in the snow. DD2 refused to play in the snow. Smart girl.
        -Ladybug

Comment

Never underestimate March on the East Coast. EVER.

Jenn

Comment

Snow days have become my enemy. I'd never have believed it, but stuck in the house with four kids, the babysitter refuses to come, and DW just left for a 3 day jaunt in san fran in a luxury king suite.
            Enabler of DW and 5 kids
            Let's go Mets!

Comment

Dude, that blows. Do you at least have some beer?

Jenn

Comment

Ouch. The king suite bit really stings.
                -Ladybug

Comment

My last Sierra Nevada ESB awaits. It should be behind glass with a hammer that says break in case of emergency.
                  With any luck the baby will sleep tonight, but she hasn't been cooperating lately.
                  Beer may not suffice, could you send me some methadone?
                  Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                  Let's go Mets!

Comment

My company doesn't believe in snow days. I was here at 7. Booooooo!!! Why can't they just let me go sledding like when I was a kid?
                    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Hang in there gang. I usually feel the same way about summer when October rolls around abd its still in the 90s.
                      Tara
                      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead
                        Snow days have become my enemy. I'd never have believed it, but stuck in the house with four kids, the babysitter refuses to come, and DW just left for a 3 day jaunt in san fran in a luxury king suite.
                        Ooof. That bites. Hope you have a giant library of kid videos. My kids are riveted by Backyardigans.

Annie, all we got was a dusting and I am SO STINKING GRATEFUL! Sorry you're getting hammered yet again. Like Jenn said - March is always unpredictable and seems to send the hugest storms. Last year we lost power during an ice storm(in March) for four stinking days. It was so cold in the house that the ice in the sink evaporated without ever melting. (We didn't go to a hotel because NYSEG kept repeating over and over that we were scant hours from having our power back on. )

Comment

Fluff- I've got anything you might want and/or need, my friend. We have a new fun thing- people their xanax under the trash bags in the bathroom. Client A goes in and puts the $, client B goes in and puts the pills and takes the cash, Client A goes back in and takes the pills.

Apparently xanax and methadone is the shiiiiiit, man.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                          X