Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

No match - now what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No match - now what

I'm so sorry. I don't have any useful advice, but a huge good luck! I really hope things work out well for you two.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

First off, you guys are great.....You have no idea how much I appreciate all of your support and advice.

I think the best thing to do is to get a one-year prelim and reevaluate, unless of course we can find a scramble within a reasonable weekend drive......

This really is awful.

Comment

((HUGS))

PM me if you need to talk to someone whose BTDT.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Robert if there is any upside just know that the school will do all they can to help. My DH is at a Caribbean med school where no resources are given to students in that situation.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but I've heard the prelim spots are harder to get than the categorical spots.
          Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
          "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I am so sorry that the match didn't work out for you Robert. I hope he can get into a prelim year which will at least "buy you some time" to figure out what to do

Moonlight, from what I remember there are different prelim years - transitional, medicine and surgery. The transitional years are competitive but the medicine and surgery prelims are considered "easier" to get into, depending on the program of course. I am assuming that either of these would work for radiology?

Comment

Robert - I'm so sorry. Good luck in the scramble!
              -Deb
              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Well, seems like we got a prelim here in Boston, in surgery....but that would go towards any specialty, which will buy us time.

BTW, is it just me, or are med schools pretty lousy at student services and advising?

Comment

Originally posted by robert240
                  BTW, is it just me, or are med schools pretty lousy at student services and advising?
                  Well, don't even get me started on the things my husband's school is lousy at... but then, they're on probation with LCME.

Congrats on getting a prelim! That's definitely a good start!
                  Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

That's great news!
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I think like any school the advising depends on the school - we had great help from DH's school when he was going through the application and match process.

I'm glad he found a prelim year.
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Great news!
                        Tara
                        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Yay Robert!!

One year at a time ...

Comment

Well, there you go! As Jenn said, it's one year at a time from here on out anyway!

Keep us posted.

Jenn

Comment

I'm sorry. Good news that you get to stay put for the year. It really is one year at a time.
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Ohhh wow! That is really great news. I'm so happy it's starting to work out for you guys.

My husband's school SUCKS big ones when it comes to scramble.
                                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
                                X