Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Silly Match Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Match Question

Okay this probably sounds really dumb, but WHEN and HOW do you find out where you've matched? From what I understand you find out on the Monday before match day IF you matched but thats it. So my questions are:

1) How do you find out if you matched? (does your school tell you or what?)
    2) How do you find out where you can try and scramble?
    3) When on Match day do you find out where you've matched?
    4) How on match day do you find out?

I mean if you found out that you matched at your last spot do you have time to run away and cry before you have to tell everyone else where you matched? I'm so intriged by this process, please tell me more!
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Re: Silly Match Question

Every school does it differently. If you don't get the "you've matched" notice that Monday I believe you receive instructions for scramble.

If you match, there are various ways to find out. UTSW puts the envelopes in the students' mailboxes at school. You can also look it up online. Some schools hand out the envelopes and you have the option to open then and there, sit down and open or take it home and open.
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Re: Silly Match Question

1) How do you find out if you matched? (does your school tell you or what?)
      On Black Monday [the 3rd Monday in March], at a specific time, I think it is 12pm EST, you can log on to the NRMP website and see whether or not you matched.

2) How do you find out where you can try and scramble?
      They release the open spots the morning after Black Monday. Each school is different, but at DH's school, the dean notifies unmatched students and arranges to help them scramble into open spots.

3) When on Match day do you find out where you've matched?
      Again, differs by school. But again, there is a specific time that the match results can be released. At DH's school we met at a bar place where there was a huge drawn out ceremony of passing out the envelopes containing where you matched.

4) How on match day do you find out?
      Depends on the school. For us, it was via envelope that contained a white sheet of paper with DH's name, and specialty and program that he matched into printed on it.

I mean if you found out that you matched at your last spot do you have time to run away and cry before you have to tell everyone else where you matched? I'm so intriged by this process, please tell me more!
      You can open your envelope whenever and wherever you want after you receive it.

Comment

Working...
      X