Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is going on with the forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is going on with the forums?

Lets test this out together.

You won't be able to logon with your current password...so...have a new one emailed to yourself and try out your ability to post as well as your forum access.

Didn't get a system email?

1. email me at krismathms@yahoo.com
    I will reset your password and troubleshoot the problem so that other users aren't having it.

2. Can't see forums you should have access to?
    email me and I will fix it or I will send it on to an admin to fix.

3. Did I delete the old forums?

NO, NO and NO!!!! I have them at http://www.medicalspouse.com/forumss with 2 ss at the end. If you can't get in here, by all means go there...but we will eventually be transferring here.

If we can't get this to work, we just keep on there and transfer again another time!

Kris
    Last edited by PrincessFiona; 09-29-2009, 07:07 PM. Reason: spelling error in my email address. duh.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Testing if I can post...
    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Ok, good. This board seems to have lost posts from late yesterday, though... I know I made a couple that show up on the old board but not this one.
      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

I'm seeing the same thing; some stuff from last night is missing, but everything else looks good.

I gotta say, though...only 50 PMs? Really? Ouch.
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Yippee! I'm in! It took about 5 minutes to get my "password reset" email -- so just be patient if the email doesn't pop up right away. I'm so spoiled by our split-second internet culture!
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Hmm..."new posts" doesn't seem to be quite working as expected, either.

I clicked it, read all the new posts (most of which I'd read last night, but that's OK)...as I reloaded the search results page, it updated which ones I'd read, and which I hadn't...finished reading them, clicked "new posts" again...nothing new...but then I noticed that the search results said they'd been generated several minutes earlier. So I opened another browser, logged in, clicked "new posts", and...all the same posts showed up as "new", plus two new posts that Angie had added in the interim that still weren't showing up in the other browser.

Does it only update the "new posts" search every x minutes, no matter how often you click? Is it browser dependent? Shouldn't "read posts" be user dependent?
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Also, MrsK can log in, but was getting an "you've been banned" message when she tried to post. Details are in the thread in the temporary forums.
              Sandy

Comment

I'll have to take a look at the new posts thing. Thanks.

MrsK should be able to login now...

I transferred databases at about 10pm last night and then it took me until *gulp* 3am to fiddle with the settings and get this up. That's why some of the posts are missing.

It would be a real pain to ....ummmm....transfer them in right now. boohoo.

Kris

Comment

Testing. . .

Let's see if I get to post. . .
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Hurrah! I'm no longer banished!

Thank you poky and Fiona. . .
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

So...Mrs K...can you see the smilies box to the right of the reply box?

I can see it logged in now...ahhhh, glitches....

If you know of any other users who get their reset password but then can't login, tell them to email me. It is a matter of how permissions are set after transferring things over.

Kris

Comment

Whoo hoo, I'm here!! Thanks Kris!!
                        Tara
                        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I'm glad you got in. If anyone else reports an issue, have them email me. It's a simple, simple fix.

Kris

Comment

testing...
                            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

PMs

Kris is there any way you can change it so we can have more than 50 PM's? I tried to send a PM and it told me I have to delete 174 before I can send anything!!

Comment

Working...
                              X