Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Transferring the blog thread to the new Blogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring the blog thread to the new Blogs

I'm happy to do this for anyone who wants me to, but it is really easy.

If you have a blog, log in, go to your thread and open it to read it. At the bottom of each page by the edit and quote buttons is a little man with a bubble of speech. Click on that and it will automatically copy that thread to your blog.

You will be brought to a submit page where you first must remove the [ quote ] and [/ quote ] code and then press submit.

I transferred a few posts from users last night to see how it works. It is a pretty quick process, actually.

Obviously, I'll transfer over any blog posts that we had moved to the other pages and ...Kelly's great disappearing blog will have to be manually re-added.

This will always keep our blogs as part of the forum and you can determine the level of moderation/visibility that YOU want for your blog...plus a whole lot more...play with it!

If you want me to copy it for you, I'll need the following information:

your password yep.... LOL PM or email me if you need me to do it for you. Once the blog posts are all moved, we'll delete that forum and you can all manage your own blogs, categories, backgrounds, comments, etc.

Kris
    Last edited by PrincessFiona; 09-29-2009, 07:08 PM.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I'll do mine but it'll have to wait until I get home.

Comment

Mine's done; thanks for the easy tutorial. Next step is to add people to my "contacts" so they can read it...
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

It's pretty easy, isn't it?

Add me as a contact! pretty please!

Kris

Comment

Sooooo-- Just to be clear.

Do you want us to transfer to the Blogs part of the page?

And should we just wait until after all glitches are worked out to do so??

And... Is there any way to just be able to be added as a contact/friend without the whole request dynamic? I'm pretty sure Jenn won't accept me as a contact and I just can't deal with the rejection.

(J/K-- I'm LAZY that's all...)
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I'll reset permissions and peggy I'll pm you.

Comment

I think this will seem doable when I am in my right mind, but I am definitely not there now, and probably won't be until after the move.....just FYI.
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

It's there on this version, too, Cassy. By default, the forums only show threads that have had activity in the past month (you can change this in your settings, if you like). Go to the weblogs and journals forum, and go to the bottom of the list of threads, there are some dropdowns. Change the one on the right to "beginning" from "last month", click the "show threads" button below it, and you should see all the threads, and yours will be there.
                Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

KRIS-- so we have to transfer each individual post? Is that right?
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

It doesn't take a lot of time. I can do it for you, Peggy. I just finished one and am almost done with another and I can put you on the list after that if you want. LOL I'm sorry I didn't get back to you before....

Kris

Comment

Also a clarification (because there seems to be at least a little bit of confusion): What we're talking about here is moving blogs from the "weblogs and journals" section of the forums to the new "blogs" part of the site (see "blogs" link in the upper left, between "User CP" and "Community"). Not from the old site to this site. That was done automatically along with the rest of the forum posts.
                      Sandy

Comment

Sandy, you are our new tech guru! LOL

Kris

Comment

Working...
                        X