Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I appreciate everyone's patience...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I appreciate everyone's patience...

I have been doing installs/uninstalls of the vbulletin and trying to do mock transfers for a couple of weeks now but I kept running into tons of problems with the phpbb to vbulletin transfer. I didn't think I was going to be able to get it to work and then yesterday when I was at Caribou coffee supposedly studying for a medical terminology exam with my laptop with me I got it all to work. They actually turned the lights off on me because I was waiting for the transfer to finish...I still didn't think it was going to work and I was figuring that there would be a lot of issues to clean up and that I'd consider it a practice run and then re-do it this weekend.

I got home, made sure everyone was where they needed to be...and kept working on it...and then ...

OK...I figured that we could use this as our sandbox to test it but keep plucking away at the other forum site until we got it all figured out. I was completely expecting this not to work. I kind of imagined mass chaos with us all rushing back to the old forums.

I can't believe that so far everything has been pretty fixable.

I'm sort of...waiting for the server to crash or my computer to explode...or something.

Thanks for being so patient and talking me through the problems you 've been having.

This is such a load off of my mind.

I know it seems silly, but I am so happy that this is working. I really hope that ultimately we will be much happier with the software and the additional functions!!!

Kris
    Last edited by PrincessFiona; 03-19-2009, 08:54 PM.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I feel like I just jinxed myself saying this out loud.

I'm going to go and knock on wood....or toss some salt over my shoulder.

Comment

Kris, it seems to be working great but can I wage one concern? Is there anyway to make the thread part wider? I've got a huge border of the grey stars on both sides of my screen and when I reply the reply box w/the smilies is off the screen its so wide. I'm on Firefox but I tried on Safari and it did the same thing.

Thanks for all that you do!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Yes. I was thinking that too.

I'll take care of it now.

The top graphic will be a little smaller until I fix it though...but I'll fix it.

Kris

Comment

Kris, so far I'm liking this software a *lot* better than the old stuff, overall. I like the way all the social functions are integrated, and the flexibility of the security of our personal stuff. Thank you so much for all the blood, sweat, and tears you've put into this. It's greatly appreciated.

Now if we could just the the "ditto" guy back, and get more than 50 PMs...
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Is this too wide? Should I take it in a little bit?

OK...PMs next on my list...I'll take a look.

Kris

Comment

That's fine with me - the reply box is still off of the screen but I can live with it. THANKS!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

See if the PM situation is fixed. I tried to reset it.

Kris

Comment

It says 800 allowed, now, yay! Thanks.
                  Sandy
                  Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

You're welcome! And I'll figure the smiley thing out tomorrow!

Kris

Comment

Kris, I appreciate SO MUCH that you kept everything running on Match Day. Thank you!!
                      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

You're really awesome, Kris. Thanks again.
                        Sandy

Comment

Thanks for everything, Kris I guess I should have been more patient before deleting all my PM's...c'est la vie!
                          Danielle
                          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                            Kris, I appreciate SO MUCH that you kept everything running on Match Day. Thank you!!
                            Ditto!

Comment

Working...
                            X