Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

iPod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod?

I think I want to get an iPod. My plan is that I'll wear it when I go for walks with Mattie. DH has an iTouch (for work) which is fun -- I love the internet capabilities and the fact that the various iPhone apps work on it. But I have a Blackberry (which means I already have portable internet), so is it worth the extra $$ to get the iTouch so I can have access to the apps???

It depends. If you think you'd like to store a large amount of music and video on the iPod, I'd go with an iPod alone. Amount of storage/dollars is better - and it will be a more stable device in the long run. We use our iPod as our stereo in so many areas of the house. There are also devices that can run the video feed from your iPod to your TV via S-video cables. That's handy when you want to download and watch shows or movies but don't readily have computer access to your screen. You can use the iPod as a portable DVD, hard drive, music device, etc. It's handy.

With all that in mind though, if you just want to use it to listen to music and podcasts while walking, you'd get more "fun" out of the apps on the iTouch. It would duplicate your Blackberry in many respects, but it has the Youtube hookup and all the apps. It's a great kid entertainer! I think the storage is considerably lower - but fine for music and limited video.

No help, am I? I just like that you are buying a new toy.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

We have about 22 GB of music and DH has the 32 GB itouch. He likes it because he can all of his music at once. I have a 4 GB nano that I use for the gym, etc. and it works fine for me - I just change out the music every once in a while. DH doesn't actually have any apps on his iTouch, he's planning to get a blackberry soon so that is probably why. He won't get an iPhone because they don't make a 32 GB iPhone.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

LOVE LOVE LOVE my iPod touch. We have music, pics of Eli, apps, calendar linked to our computer and some other fun extras. It's a wonderful toy to have even if you don't use the internet on it. Well worth it!
        Danielle
        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I like my teeny nano. It holds 16g of stuff, which is way more than I have - good because I wanted room to grow. It plays video and stores pictures and actually has some impressively fun games. And it's really, really small. The touch is considerably bigger.

I'd think about what you really want to use it for, and maybe browse the app store to see if there are any you want. I sort of figured that I'm in front of a computer all day anyway, so I really don't need more internet access.
          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Okay - my iTouch has arrived and I've been loading it with music, podcasts and apps. Of course that means I've been buying apps and music -- my collection desperately needed updating.

Does anyone have one of those contraptions that allow you to play your music in your car? Mine doesn't have a jack for it (which is weird consideirng it's a 2006 --- and it DOES have a tape deck).

Comment

DH uses the tape deck adapter in his car with his iTouch.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We borrowed this device

from a friend and it worked well. It syncs with a non-working radio frequency. It sucks that your 06 didn't come equipped with one.
                Danielle
                Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Use the tape deck. (Look for a connector that will plug into it.) The common things require transmitting your music to a radio frequency, and that can sometimes drop the signal (ours mostly works but we sometimes run into problems when traveling - if you pick a frequency that works in your area, it may have another station on it in other places). The tape deck connection dodges the radio and plays directly through your stereo.

Something like this should do it: http://www.amazon.com/Coby-CA-747-Po...ref=pd_sim_e_4
                  Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Working...
                  X