Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

No. No. No.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. No. No.

Ok-For those of you who were here in 2007, do you remember that the summer that my beloved husband was deployed was the "Summer of Dead Animals?" (dead bird in dining room, dead possum in the dog's water dish, dead squirrel drowned in the trash can)

So Petey and Honey just tag teamed a teenager possum that I'm now desperately hoping is just 'playing possum'.

They are some NASTY looking animals. Good thing they eat vermin and roaches or it would be worse.

Cross your fingers that the Dead Animal Summers are not an every other year phenomenon.

Yuck.

ICK. Yes, I remember it. And I hope you don't have to relive it.

Comment

OK- I threw back a swig of really bad rosé (how is it possible to have flavorless wine?) and went to see. He's GONE. Whew.

J.

Comment

Glad it's gone - those things are creepy!!!
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Oh, gross. Possums are a rodent form of roach. I hate those things.

Comment

So glad he is gone!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

LOL. At first read I thought you threw wine AT it. I wasceondering why you would waste wine....tasteless or not.

Kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I would have had to drink the whole bottle of tasteless wine.

Was it a big one? Hubby never believed that they got really big (guess he went by what they show on TV) until we were driving through a neighborhood at night and there went a possum bigger than a small dog. He hit the breaks and yelled "What the hell is that?"
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

No, it must have been participating in teenager Possum Gang Initiation- probably not more than a couple of pounds. (you know, we do live downtown, so it makes sense.)

I think they're disgusting but since they eat roaches and other nasty things, they and the bats are welcome to stay around.

Jenn

Comment

I laughed so much when I read your first post! I REMEMBER the summer of the dead animals for you!!!

Those possums are disgusting things, aren't they?
                    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                    With fingernails that shine like justice
                    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

They really are! and then while it was playing dead my husband and my neighbor were both convinced it really was dead- eyes open, mouth open, no breathing.

Eww. and those tails. We had a litter of possums in one of the bushes next to the house and we could watch the babies climb and play. Even they weren't that cute.

J.

Comment

Ick! There is a "possum on the road season" here in Portland and it is really gross

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                          They really are! and then while it was playing dead my husband and my neighbor were both convinced it really was dead- eyes open, mouth open, no breathing.

Eww. and those tails. We had a litter of possums in one of the bushes next to the house and we could watch the babies climb and play. Even they weren't that cute.

J.
                          Gross!!!

The whole idea of the thing playing dead makes me gag.
                          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                            I love opossums!!!! We had one living under our stoop in NC. We named her Alice so we could sing "Livin' Next Door to Alice" to her and all 7 of her babies.
                            LOL Lily, I love you!

Originally posted by DCJenn
                            Eww. and those tails.
                            Yeah, the tails are totally gross...
                            Laurie
                            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Well, the possum was just the precursor. Apparently this is the summer of HALF dead animals.

Went to take the trash out this morning and found a half dead kitten lying in the street. It clearly has a broken back or neck but was still breathing. I made Rick come lift it from the street to a towel I placed on the side walk.

I went to the gym and by the time I got back it was covered in ants- poor thing. So, I picked it up (in the towel) and carried it to my driveway- went in gabbed a cheese stick (no breakfast yet) called my vet and just got back from taking it to be put down. (stopping at taco Cabana for two breakfast tacos- I figure I earned it.)

Poor little kitty.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                              X