Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My midlife crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My midlife crisis

I don't know what is going on with me except that I must be having a midlife crisis. Two weeks ago I went and had my nose pierced. I didn't discuss this with DH before doing it. On Wednesday I am going to get my first tattoo. I must be a freak.

Uhhh.....pictures? They are required with this type of post, Trisha. You should know that!!
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I know a lot of women who have new tattoos at a 'certain' age.

J.

PS- do post pictures!

Comment

I got my tattoo at 26 as a rebellion against my dead mother. I've considered the nose ring over the years -- FIL actually asked for me to get it done before the wedding.

It wouldn't be well-received here in JoCo, which is largely why it's appealing to me. You wouldn't believe the blatant "wow! she's got her ears pierced" comments I've gotten about the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
          I watched MSNBC yesterday, in my husband's presence. I, too, can be a rebel. I understand.

Wow Abigail... talk about having an edge!!

Comment

Really Jenn? Even though they can tell she's Indian? Wow - JoCo really is one of the most close minded places in the us, isn't it? Ugg!
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Not the best pic
              Attached Files

Comment

When my cousin turned 40, she pierced her navel. Then she taught her kids how to play "ring & run".
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Trisha, that's really cool!! I have a chicken pox scar on my nose right where a nose ring would go...I've contemplated it for many years. I think DH would not like it, though.

What kind of tat and where? I don't think you're a freak. I think it's fun!

Comment

I'm not super into nose rings, but I think it's really cute. I know many women who have waited until after having babies to get a tattoo. I don't really think it's weird (but go somewhere good that's not going to mess up what you're trying to get).
                    -Deb
                    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Are these things impulsive or have you contemplated them for a while?

And if it is a mid-life crisis it is WAY better than doing something like having an affair or something
                      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

How fun! I'm secretly looking forward to having a midlife crisis... What are you getting for your tatoo?
                        Laurie
                        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                          I know many women who have waited until after having babies to get a tattoo.
                          You mean, they didn't get this one?

http://www.ratemyink.com/images/ul/119/ink-11956.jpeg

I think your nosering is cute, Trisha!
                          Sandy
                          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Why the hey not I say!
                            It suits you. I had a nose ring for a brief time as a teen but had to keep taking it out for work and it just hurt too much!
                            Share your tat plans!

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles View Post
                              Wow Abigail... talk about having an edge!!
                              Oh, Suz...too funny! I had my post up for about 3 seconds, then deleted it. I figured people might not get it.
                              Last edited by GrayMatterWife; 05-04-2009, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X