Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tundra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tundra

I have always gotten the "freebie" phone offered upon sign-up (or re-up) with whatever mobile plan I contract. So, they are always basic, cheap, and not particularly durable.

I finally have had ENOUGH.

My last phone (about 18 months old) was on its last leg. The "lid" on the back (granting access the battery and SIM) was affixed to the main body with surgical tape, and the phone kept inexplicably dying an dropping calls.

Of course, I don't blame the phone. I do, however, blame the incredible, ridiculous wear it gets. It is our home phone (we don't have a land line), a part-time business phone (my business calls are forwarded after I leave work), and my only long-distance phone. It goes everywhere with me, and has faced the day-to-day abuse of being dropped, thrown, and generally abused.

So, this time, I ordered a Motorola Tundra. It is supposed to be as super-rugged as you can get for a mobile phone (unless, I guess, you're using a SAT phone in the Army or something). It is not pretty. It is not small. But it looks REALLY sturdy...the best one offered to AT&T customers.

Has anyone had one? I am hoping it was worth the money. I am just not an iPhone, delicate electronics kinda girl. I need something that will hold up well with my life.

Is it H2O proof?

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles View Post
      Is it H2O proof?
      Water resistant, but not water proof. So, next time my son throws my phone in a shallow pool of water, I stand a better chance of not having it a complete loss, if I retrieve it immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassy
        I'm not a fan of Motorolas. My friend's ex calls them Broke-olas. The ones I've had have been total crap including my once-top-of-the-line $300+ one. I stick to LG, those are my tried-and-true.
        Ah, bummer. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Comment

I had a Motorola Razor. I heard that people had issues with it. I had no problems until I jumped in a swimming pool with it in my pocket. I replaced it with an LG because that was less expensive.

Water resistant sounds good though I'm a little dubious of that claim. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

My little motorola phone has been going strong for at least 4-5 years. I don't throw it around, though. Never had a problem with it. DH had the same model, and replaced it last year because the screen was starting to get blank areas (he does throw his around a bit). I'm kinda waiting for T-mobile 3G to hit Cleveland (maybe later this year!), then I'll upgrade to something that'll use that.
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

We've had several Motorolas (including one of the original cell phones, it was about 15" long and felt like a brick ) and we've never had a problem.

Enjoy your new phone!
              Tara
              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

My brother works for Motorola. I asked him about the Tundra last night. He basically said that anything made by Motorola should out live the cockroaches.
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                  My brother works for Motorola. I asked him about the Tundra last night. He basically said that anything made by Motorola should out live the cockroaches.
                  Awesome!! Won't help me much post-nuclear holocaust, but at least I'll know that the vermin aren't wasting my Rollover minutes.

Thanks!

Comment

That is the phone you want if you want a durable phone - I didn't have it but an ex did - I think it can be ran over by a car and still be fine! I don't think you'll be disappointed!
                    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

A friend who is a construction contractor has the Tundra. He went through probably 3-6 phones a year before he got it. He loves it and figures that it's nearly indestructible if it's survived for over 16 months.

Comment

Working...
                      X