Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Wwyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wwyd

I went to bed with a scratchy throat, and woke up with a sore throat this morning and itchy ears. It's turning into a full-blown cold.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and am wondering if I should be polite and reschedule the appointment... Or if I should go anyway. I feel badly, because there are going to be a whole bunch of pregnant ladies there. Or, am I beyond contagious?

What would you do?
    married to an anesthesia attending

I'd go. Just do the wash hands, cover mouth, etc.

Sorry you are sick!

Comment

I would go. Just bring some tissues and hand sanitizer. If you were vomitting or had a fever, I'd say skip it. A cold isn't a biggie, IMO.
      (a pregnant mama with low immune system would most likely not be around you long enough and take their own precautions!)
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Go and do as Nellie suggested. Half of them probably took public transportation to get to that appointment or to go to work so don't sweat it.

Jenn

Comment

I'd go. You can call the doctor's office and give them a head's up if you'd like. They may be able to keep you out of the waiting room or admit you through an alternate entrance. (When I was 4, I had measles. I still remember that when I visitied the peditrician, they had me come in though the back door and wisked me into an exam room before I could expose other children to measles.)
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
            I'd go. Just do the wash hands, cover mouth, etc.

Sorry you are sick!
            DItto!
            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Thanks, guys. Maybe I was secretly hoping to be able to delay my glucose screening test!

Comment

Feel better soon!

I agree with everyone else, go. It will be a good time for your OB to tell you things to watch out for when you are sick as well as tell you what meds are safe to take (there are more than you think. Don't be a hero, take them to feel better if you get the okay from your doc.)
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

(except feel better!)
                  Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Afrin's ok, at least it was for me. Any other decongestant wasn't ok...

Get better! I found with my last pg I was way more congested than normal-- I had a lot of sinus pressure. Afrin saved my life.
                    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I'm not really congested, but have got a headache, runny nose, and a sore throat. Thanks for your advice. I'm no hero!!!

It's really hard to rest, because the baby is thumping around more than ever. What a day to do this to your poor mom!

Comment

Being sick while pregnant sucks. I had the same congestion that Peggy mentioned with all of my pregnancies. It's up to you but I have taken tylenol, REGULAR sudafed, and afrin while preggo. Last pregnancy my doc said I could take ibuprofen in moderation. I don't like to take meds but when pregnant I'll do just about anything to make it stop. And you should go in for your glucose test.

Comment

I went to my appointment this morning, and am now totally pooped!

I slept a good 12 hours last night, but could use another nap. I haven't been sick in a good 6 months, so it's actually ok that I'm sick now (vs. on our apartment-hunting trip).

Oh, and this time I managed not to pee all over myself!

Comment

Working...
                          X