Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

This evening's random question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This evening's random question

Is your spouse on call?

Yes -- in house. Boo!
    -Ladybug

Mine too! Wait a minute.....aren't our spouses both attendings? WHAT HAVE WE DONE WRONG?????
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Attending here too.......and.........on call.
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Clearly we took a wrong turn somewhere.
        -Ladybug

Comment

Attending on call FRI/SAT/SUN.
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Yes, he is.

I am trying to convince him to "sneak home" (we live a couple of blocks away) late tonight, if things are slow, for a bit of a booty call.

Tee hee hee!! He seemed pretty interested...pray for a quiet night on the accidents/aneuryms front!

(It's not looking good though--it's a Friday night and there's a thunderstorm out--nothing that spells promising for a "crisis-free" evening...)

Comment

LOL! Wish you all the best.
              -Ladybug

Comment

Luanne, I am right there with you on that Fri-Sat-Sun call, but in-house tonight only (of course, if stuff is going on he could be in-house the whole freaking time....)

Love the idea of the booty call! I would carry a pager around for THAT!!!
                Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Maybe the question should be - which attending spouse is not on call?

Geez - and I thought I had reached the light at the end of said tunnel.
                  Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Anesthesia "externship" tonight, 24 hour OB call tomorrow until Sunday morning. Oh a booty call...what I wouldn't give
                    Jen
                    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

My guy is home. Call on Sunday.
                      Tara
                      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Not on call but working a nightshift!

Comment

Update: Alas, no booty call. Something about head trauma. Like it couldn't wait or something... Why does everything with him have to be life-or-death?

Comment

Not this weekend.
                            He didn't get home until almost 9:00 what else is new?
                            HE said he was going to have to go back in tomorrow AM to do a case that got bumped due to a cold leg (patient w/a femoral artery blockage) that came into the ER just before his last case.I said "Umm NO! give it to whichever partner is on call!" He did!

Comment

Uh, nope.

And hasn't had to take call for the past year ... and won't have to do it next year, either. Please don't throw things at me.
                              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
                              X