Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Make me clean up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make me clean up

please...someone put their foot up my behind and tell me to do it! I'm so tired of cleaning up the same messes over and over again. I feel so exhausted and worn out. I have been sick for most of the week and I just don't want to do it...but my house is screaming out for some attention. Good grief, if nanny 9-1-1 walked in here right now and saw me plopped down on the sofa with my kids watching TV and the house a mess, I might get fired.

I have to peel myself away from the computer. I must, I must, I must...

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Why?

Let them wallow in their own messes.

Jenn

Comment

Oh Kris, I'll never tell you to clean up, sorry. You deserve a break!

What are your same old messes?

Mine is the laundry pile threatening to take over the apartment....it's clean, but I never get to put it away. And Jack keeps pulling things off it and spreading clothes everywhere. And I think cheerios are breeding in my carpet.

Comment

Heavens no we won't tell you to clean. No one's tombstone ever read "I wish I would have spent more time cleaning". Life is short, live it fully.

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Cleaning is illegal on the weekends. Didn't you get the email? You must have been busy cleaning that same mess for the forty millionth time. Sometimes when I'm cleaning that same mess again I think I must look like a hamster running in a wheel.
          -Ladybug

Comment

I am so with Jenn on this about letting them wallow in their messes. Man though...I just can't stand to live in it. They are just simply old enough to pick up their crap on their own.

Unfortunately, since I have been sick with an upper respiratory thing all week, I haven't cleaned all week. My house is gross. So...everytime I clean something (ie wipe a counter or pick up a toy or two) I am rewarding myself with online time. I'm so lame! LOL

Kris

Comment

Cleaning sucks, I'd never wish it upon someone I like.

Comment

Sorry, Kris. We are no help. Take it easy! I think that Ladybug's memo should be re-distributed.

Comment

I got the memo!
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Does "cleaning up" extend to packing for a move - cuz if so, I'm in full-on procrastination mode!
                    Jen
                    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I feel ya, recovering from food poisoning from shellfish. My house is a disaster. What's the point I say??

Comment

What memo? I'm so lost...and my house is still a mess. LOL

Comment

No cleaning on the weekends. So take a break and put your feet up!
                          Tara
                          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                            Does "cleaning up" extend to packing for a move - cuz if so, I'm in full-on procrastination mode!
                            ugh, me too!
                            Wife to Anesthesia PGY4

Comment

clean all week, because of the baby I watch. Our house is small and has a lot of traffic. I sweep and vacuum 2x a day and could do it waaaay more. (the baby is crawling and eating everything off the floor)
                              So! From Friday afternoon at 4, when she leaves, until Sunday late afternoon....i don't do much at all!!!
                              As a result...currently I'm sitting in a pigsty the kitchen Is disgusting, the couch is torn apart, there's laundry to be done and put away, two card tables in the middle of my floor with blankets on them used as a fort. Dog and cat hair floating in the air, shoes everywhere....the kids bathroom is disgusting...and it smells like wet dog in here.
                              Yet, here I sit with dh...after 11, still drinking coffee in my pajamas It's all good.
                              ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Working...
                              X