Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's for dinner?

I've thawed out some marinated chicken breast for DH to grill. I'm cleaning up some fresh brussel sprouts (finally in season!) to saute in some bacon grease and top with...bacon! That's still a healthy vegetable, right? It's so refreshing to finally see fresh veggies after a looooong winter of potatoes, onions and carrots.

Oh, and a round of slushy watermelon mojitos. Helllllo summer.
    -Ladybug

More trader joe's frozen meals...at least until we move. 6 more days until the moving company arrives!!!!
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I'm marinating pork tenderloins. Trying to figure out what to do as the side, so sick of potatoes. It's a toss up between rice and pasta. And strawberry margaritas.

Comment

No idea, we do have a freezer full of Schwans stuff though.
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Frozen California Pizza Kitchen pizzas. It has been a really nice day!
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
            No idea, we do have a freezer full of Schwans stuff though.

Everytime I hear Schwans I think of Kris being stalked by her Schwan guy and hiding in her house. LOL.
            -Ladybug

Comment

Our neighbors have extra crab cakes so they are sharing with us. Hot dogs for kids, corn on the cob, and popsicles. My dad is visiting so I figure the more the merrier (or more potential witnesses to keep me in line).

Comment

I have to figure out something to do with a half frozen pork tenderloin. I'm too late for the crock pot recipe I'd planned or for the brining solution we've had forever waiting for a pork meal (we seldom eat pork.) Sigh.
                Alison

Comment

I had left over pasta (with green beans and cherry tomatoes), Rick had left over sloppy joe's and left over coleslaw, Nikolai and his buddy (we're having a spend the night with his buddy Sebastian from Crunchy School) had Annie's Peace pasta, we all had watermelon and the boys also had fruit pops. and I had one giant Baltika. (Russian beer)

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
                    Everytime I hear Schwans I think of Kris being stalked by her Schwan guy and hiding in her house. LOL.

Me too, and I think I am working up to that same relationship with our Schwan guy Jeff.

We ended up bringing Rubios (YUMMY!!) food over to my folks. Dad was having a bad day (so very confused) and mom needed some conversation with someone other than an AD patient.
                    Tara
                    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, Tara.
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Thanks, I'm glad we live close so we can help my mom out.
                        Tara

Comment

I spent the morning making tons of veggie-hamburger patties for the grill this summer. (hamburger, finely grated squash and zuchini so the kids can't see it, and orange marmalade to sweeten).

I also made two cheeseburger meatloafs to freeze. (Hamburger, lipton onion soup, egg, ketchup, mustard, garlic powder, and sharp chedder layered in the middle).

I spent two hundred dollars at the grocery store yesterday stocking up on everything from chicken breasts to brats to soda so that we are a bit prepared. We are going to be grilling fools this summer.

All we will need is lots of milk, eggs, and fresh produce for about the first month. I won't feel as guilty asking people to pick up these smaller amounts of things.

Kelly
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

pork tenderloin in a crockpot. One can of cranberry sauce. one pkg of lipton onion soup mix. Mix together, pour over pork. Very yummy! Also works well with turkey breast.

Tonight we're having cheese burgers. I have some leftover baccon and will sauté some onions. (we're such good Jews. LOL!) onion rings...and sliced carrots, green peppers, and cucumbers. Oh and crack...er...I mean ranch dip for the veggies. (anyone else get their kids to eat anything as long as they have ranch dressing?) lol!
                            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
                              I spent the morning making tons of veggie-hamburger patties for the grill this summer. (hamburger, finely grated squash and zuchini so the kids can't see it, and orange marmalade to sweeten).

I also made two cheeseburger meatloafs to freeze. (Hamburger, lipton onion soup, egg, ketchup, mustard, garlic powder, and sharp chedder layered in the middle).

I spent two hundred dollars at the grocery store yesterday stocking up on everything from chicken breasts to brats to soda so that we are a bit prepared. We are going to be grilling fools this summer.

All we will need is lots of milk, eggs, and fresh produce for about the first month. I won't feel as guilty asking people to pick up these smaller amounts of things.

Kelly
                              Good for you! I did this too and it made life much, much easier.
                              -Ladybug

Comment

Working...
                              X