Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Happy Birthday to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday to me

NOT!

For the last 3 nights Sophie has decided that the middle of the night is the perfect time to talk. For an hour or more.

I couldn't fall asleep last night and finally went to the couch sometime after 1:30 am.

At 2 am she woke up. I fed her and then woke DH and handed her off because she was awake. After a few minutes he came back to bed and said we should just let her CIO. (This equated to BIO - babble it out - not once has she cried.) We bickered because I am EXHAUSTED from not getting a good nights sleep in 8 MONTHS and I am sick.

At 2:45 she is still talking and he is snoring.

At 3, DS comes into our room saying he had a bad dream. I snuggle him close and he drowses with me as I listen to Sophie still talking.

At 3:30, I usher DS back to his room and finally fall back to sleep.

At 6 the alarm goes off.

At 6:07 Sophie is up for the morning.

At 7, DH grouches at me for being grouch and we have a big ole arguement ending with me stomping off and throwing my stuff in the car.

I gather myself (through my tears) and walk back in the house to say good bye to DS and apologize for being an ass to DH. I explain that maybe if I am obviously overtired and grouchy, it might be a good idea just to let it slide rather than point it out and make things worse. You know, like what I do with him when he is obviously grouchy for no good reason.

After a few minutes he says that just needs to think about it as if I were post-call.

Thank goodness we have an honest-to-goodness date planned for tomorrow night. It will involve alcohol and good food. I cannot wait.
    Kris

What a night! Hang in there and enjoy your night out - sounds like you need it!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Wow, you deserve a fabulous date night – I hope it is wonderful and restful!

Comment

I'm wishing you an enjoyable, fun date night - but most of all, sending good night sleep vibes your way. One uninterrupted night would do wonders for you I'm sure.

Comment

I hope things get better - enjoy your date night
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Enjoy your grown-up date night!

(and Happy Birthday)

Jenn

Comment

I sooooooooo feel your pain. I feel like I'm living in a sleep deprivation fog right now. This strech is always one of the hardest parts.
              -Ladybug

Comment

You poor thing - you definitely need and deserve a break! Happy Birthday!
                Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                  NOT!

For the last 3 nights Sophie has decided that the middle of the night is the perfect time to talk. For an hour or more.

Thank goodness we have an honest-to-goodness date planned for tomorrow night. It will involve alcohol and good food. I cannot wait.
                  Ouch! We went through a time like that with our youngest dd. I think it lasted 2 months overall and at the peak of it I wound up spending 2-3 hours per night downstairs putting on Dora movies and napping on the couch. Eventually it just stopped and now (at almost 3) she sleeps through the night.

Here's to a good date tonight!

Comment

I hope you get some sleep soon and have a great date!
                    Happy Birthday!
                    Wife to Anesthesia PGY4

Comment

Working...
                    X