Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

OK here's the new tattoo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK here's the new tattoo!

I had to wait a week till I got over food poisoning but bit the bullet this morning. I got through the first hour by using EMLA numbing cream. The next two hours made me wanna puke!
    Attached Files

Wow! Tell us what it stands for! Does it have a special meaning, in its symbols or colors?

Comment

Is that on the back of your leg? Did it hurt?
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Cute, and congratulations! Can't wait to hear what it means!
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

wow- that's impressive.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
            Wow! Tell us what it stands for! Does it have a special meaning, in its symbols or colors?
            Well the Buddha is there as a reminder of my walk through daily life as a Buddhist-therefore on my calf.
            The Yin Yang represents the light and dark parts of my life. The lotus is the flower that arises from the muck in a river to become a beautiful blossom. Something that I am striving towards as I try to forget and release my past. Pink lotus is the revered color of lotus in Buddhism. The beads are Mala (prayer beads) and I just liked red.

Comment

Originally posted by trisha2486 View Post
              Well the Buddha is there as a reminder of my walk through daily life as a Buddhist-therefore on my calf.
              The Yin Yang represents the light and dark parts of my life. The lotus is the flower that arises from the muck in a river to become a beautiful blossom. Something that I am striving towards as I try to forget and release my past. Pink lotus is the revered color of lotus in Buddhism. The beads are Mala (prayer beads) and I just liked red.
              Again, wow! You really put a lot of thought into this. Love it!

Makes me think about what kind of tatoo I would have done on myself, if I were in the market. You know, how to summarize who I think I am or hope to be.

Comment

How awesome and meaningful Enjoy it!
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

beautiful!
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

That's a very cool tat!

Comment

That IS impressive! WOW!

Comment

neat.
                        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I like the meaning too, nice!
                          Wife to Anesthesia PGY4

Comment

Very nice - I appreciate looking at tats on others, but I am a big chicken and fickle in my tastes.

Comment

Working...
                            X