Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What Tatoo Would You Get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Tatoo Would You Get?

In honor of Trisha's tatoo, it made me think what kind of tatoo I would get, so for the group:

1) Would you ever get a tatoo?
    2) If you had to/wanted to, what kind would you get?

Ok, my answer:
    1) I don't think I would. I'm way too indecisive about what I would want. I think the only way I would consider it would be if something happened to my brother or DF.
    2) So, if I had to get one (because of the above reason), I would get their initials tatooed on the left side of my ribcage very small - it's the closest the outside of your body can get to your heart.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

I have a tattoo. I got it a couple of years ago.

It's waves around my ankle with a honu (green sea turtle) pteroglyph on the outside of my ankle. I think I posted a pic in the last thread we had about tattoos and piercings (I also have my lip pierced.)
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I don't know if I would ever get a tatoo, but if I did, I might get this one:

--Designed in a shield (nod to my Anglo Isle heritage)
      --The shield would be divided into quadrants, with a diamond in the center, with a calligraphy-style "W" in the center (for my last name--nod to my husband)
      --in the upper-righthand quadrant, a cross (nod to my faith), with a vine of roses wound around it (roses are associated with the Mother of God) on a crimson background
      --in the lower-righthand quadrant, the scales of justice, with a fountain pen resting underneath (nod to my profession) on a navy background
      --in the lower-lefthand corner, a bee (sign of fertility--nod to my kids) on a crimson background
      --in the upper-lefthand corner, a white ointment jar (the albaster jar commonly portrayed in medieval artwork as being held by Mary Magdalen) on a navy background
      --Word underneath the shield: "Justitiam. Pietatem. Fidem."

(As you can tell, the recent postings about tatoos really got me thinking!)

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
        (I also have my lip pierced.)
        DH thinks nose studs (very small and delicate) are cute on girls, so I checked into it. Problem is, you pretty much always have to wear them, from what I can tell, or the hole grows closed quickly. Not an option with my profession!

Comment

I got a small tattoo when I was 18. I...regret it. I have a small flower just a few inches below my navel. After 3 kids.

If I had to get one at this point it would probably be my blood type, allergies and significant medical history. Romantic, huh?
          -Ladybug

Comment

i have two, and some day i'm lasering them off.
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I'm not into tats. I can't think of anything that I'd want to see forever. Maybe I'm not creative.

My junior year in college, a ton of sorority sisters decided to get tats right above their hip bones. Tats included Dancing Greatful Dead bears, Sorority Letters, Roses, Globes. Most of these girls now have three plus children and joke about the acid trip on their tummy that used to be their former tat. The moral of the story is that women should probably stay away from tats on the abdomenal area until all procreating is done.

That's all the wisdom I've got.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I've always been keenly aware of the aging element. No tats here. Makes me think of this:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/61336/satu...tattoo-remover
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Whenever I think about getting a tatoo, I think about the Sideways Stories from Wayside School, where the kid gets a potato tatoo. How cool would that be? But I'd probably just get a star on my ankle. I'm not really cool enough for a potato tatoo.
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I don't think I'd ever get one because I can't think of one that would be meaningful enough or classic enough that I would want to still have when I am 80.

I do wish you could get tats that last for like five years. I am too indecisive to get anything permanent.
                    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

No tats. No piercings other than ears.

I'm in my 40's. I LIKE being 42. (better than dead, after all).

If the moment didn't strike when I was 17 and hanging in the DC punk bars, it isn't going to happen now.

Jenn

Comment

Occasionally, for whatever reason, I'll think "It would be neat to have a tattoo"...

But that moment soon passes as I realize:
                        1) I HATE needles
                        2) It's totally unnecessary pain
                        3) I have no freakin' clue what I would get
                        4) I would get the same amount of satisfaction from a henna tat at any given point!
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I'm not a tattoo kinda girl. But you should have seen my mom's face when she discovered that my brother's wife has 7 tattoos. Yikes.
                          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I would NEVER get a tatoo. Ever.

They are not my style and they hurt. That's two strikes against it IMO.

I also watched DH get he removed with the bandages and scabbing. ISH.
                            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

On my sister’s 18th birthday we planned to get matching tattoos. I’m so, so glad that we didn’t have the cash to go through with it. Otherwise, I’d currently be sporting a way too large butterfly on foot. I don’t even particularly like butterflies. Not to mention insects just don’t go well with a skirt suit.

Now I don’t think I would ever get one. Like others have mentioned, I’m far too fickle and I know there isn’t an image I wouldn’t hate after 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X