Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Belly button piercing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belly button piercing

Okay so perhaps this might be more appropriate in pregnancy.... but for any of you that have them or know people that have them any advice as to what to do when you get pregnant?

We aren't having kids yet, but I am wondering if I need to take it out now and if doing so would even do any good? (I am worried about what it will look like and if I will get wierd stretch marks because of it?)

I got it done about five years ago so I think it is permanent at this point?

Any advice or experience?
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

I think it varies. I had to take mine out about 4 months into pregnancy. It was uncomfortable. I don't see any reason to take it out now for anticipated pregnancy.

Comment

I had one for a couple of years....but that was when I was 18. Not sure how a piercing there would work for a pregnant woman but I would think it would be uncomfortable.

Comment

I've never been pregnant, but I did have my belly button pierced. I got it on my 18th birthday and removed it a couple months before my 21st birthday. That was 4 1/2 years ago. It closed completely a year or two ago I think (I don't really look all that often...), but it still looks like a hole. It's smaller than it was before, and throughout the duration it was a very clean, precise piercing. I never had any trouble with infection, and while I was worried it might bruise or scar after removal (as I'd seen in high school for girls who took it out after a much shorter period of time), I didn't experience any of that.

I'm also kind of curious what will happen when I'm pregnant (eventually... years from now...)
        Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

I have a naval piercing. Took out the ring about month 7, I think.

My hole did not close. If you want, there are preggo-tummy naval piercings you can wear in the last trimester. Go to ebay, and search by "pregnant belly ring" or something like that.

Comment

I think it varries per person on how it gets during pregnancy. I had mine for 13 years then took it out at month 5. I was warned multiple times from drs how horrible of a scar/stretch marks I would get if I left it in. It's pretty much closed, on the outside, and I did get a few tiny stretch marks around the hole but nothing noticable. I have seen pics of those who got bad stretching so it's best not to leave in your original metal ring. I even got one of those pregnant belly rings but never used it. I wouldn't worry about it. You can take it out or use one of those pregnant rings- it's basically surgical plastic that's pretty long (about 2 inches) with metal plugs on the ends.
            Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

LOL Why does this make me think of the thread about glue on crystals! LOL
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Mine is surrounded by waves and waves of stretch marks and closed and dipped in, from days now forever gone of smooth abs. Upside, I get big wet kisses every day.

Comment

Working...
                X