Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions?

Well...I thought I'd throw the question out there....the new background theme, etc..is..well..a bit unexpected. We moved the board over and the old theme didn't work...so I played around with this one as best I could.

If you have some suggestions for the theme/color or content....throw 'em out here and let's see what we can do. It looks like the polling so far is split with some people really liking it and others perhaps on the fence....so...

I'd love to hear what you like/don't like...

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I'm having a bit of trouble with viewing the site since the switch, actually. I can't get the whole thing to fit on my screen at once--my screen is like 12.5 inches wide and the forums page comes up like 15 inches wide, so I have to use the horizontal scroll bar to view the whole thing. Also, all my little folders are coming up blue, whether I've read what's in them or not--i.e. the old posts and new posts are all coming up the same.

I've been poking around in my computer trying to see if I have something set incorrectly, but I haven't found anything. (My knowledge of these things is definitely limited, though.)

Other than that, I like the new look of the site just fine (colors, fonts, etc.) and I know you and Ron have been working really hard on it--you have my admiration and appreciation for that.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

hmmm

I'll have to ask Ron about the forum page/size. I'm having the same problems with the forum folders coming up blue. He suggested that it might be a cookie issue but...I'm not sure how to change it. I'll send him a message (I'll bet he starts avoiding this place like the plague! 8) )

Thanks for the comments...I'll see what I can do

Kris

Comment

ok

I tried to change the cookies...we'll see if our folders start turning red.....keep me posted.

I'll see what I can read on the forum/page size.....

Comment

Hi Kris,

Thanks for all your hard work on this! Is there a way to get the chat feature back? That was a nice way for some of us to connect. More on the scrolling thing/page being bigger than the screen, I am also having this problem, but strangely on my home computer everything looks fine -- it's just on my work computer that I have to do the scrolling. Even stranger since the old site fit perfectly on both. I think it has something to do with the size of the Web page itself -- there's a standard size for all Web pages to be but I can't remember what it is!

Comment

I'm also having trouble getting the whole page on my screen!
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Okay, I am just getting to post and find my way to the new boards. Call me dense. I guess I've been busier than I thought.

Anyhow, glad to be back!

Sharon

Comment

whole page

I'm working on a dropdown navbar and then I'll get rid of the stuff on the left side..be patient with me

Kris

Comment

Great job Kris and Ron!!!

My initial feedback is that when I have visited a forum, the link on my screen turns white on a white background so I can't see the name of the forum anymore. If there's a way for me to change this, let me know.

Thanks!
                  Sharon

Comment

Thanks for all you do. I would be lost without my support group.
                    Luanne
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I really like the new look and also I appreciate all that you do for us, Kris!!! One thing I miss is the date of each post. I have no idea why I care but I often look to see when something was posted.
                      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Sue -- I thought I'd chime in here because at first I also couldn't find the date of the postings. They are in a different place now, on the lower left of the posting, just outside the box. Hope this helps!
                        -Jill

Comment

Thanks Jill, I totally missed that!
                          OK Kris--these forums are perfect then!
                          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
                          X