Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What time do you wake up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kidless (at the moment) and jobless. I'm up at 10. I'm sure this will all change once DH starts residency at the end of the month and the baby arrives. LOL!
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I usually get up around 7am. DS used to get up at 6am, but we just bought him one of those alarm clocks that changes color when it's ok to get up so now he doesn't get out of bed till 7am. DD usually wakes between 7:30-8:00. I wish I could wake up at 5am, but I'm a night owl. My most productive time is between 7pm-midnight.

Comment

I get up at 6:00am so that I can squeeze in a jog before work. I was a serious night owl until I started working fulltime. Now my internal clock is so set that I’m unable to sleep-in past 8:30am on the weekends. Very annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Makai View Post
          I usually get up around 7am. DS used to get up at 6am, but we just bought him one of those alarm clocks that changes color when it's ok to get up so now he doesn't get out of bed till 7am. DD usually wakes between 7:30-8:00. I wish I could wake up at 5am, but I'm a night owl. My most productive time is between 7pm-midnight.
          This alarm clock idea is brilliant.
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious View Post
            If I were ever to give anyone a hard time about getting up at 5 am, it would only be out of jealousy! I am a major night owl.

I agree completely!

I usually get up around 7am or a few minutes before which makes things a little hectic for getting kids out the door. My morning goes better when I get up at 6:30 but the bed is so cozy...

Comment

Originally posted by Makai View Post
              ... one of those alarm clocks that changes color when it's ok to get up ...
              No, seriously ... this is GENIUS. Erica, if you get the chance can you post (or PM me) where you got this? Not for me (DS#1 didn't get up until almost 9am this morning! ), I have a friend whose 3yo daughter is a super-duper-early-riser and she's SO exhausted all the time!
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

One of my friendshas that alarm clock and it's wonderful!!! She tried teaching her littleone the number but thecolor change makes it sooo easy. If Daegan was different (not destructive) or if he slept in another room I would so get one!
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

During the school year I am up at 7:30 to get the girls up and off to school, then I am back in bed til noon. I know that sounds bad but I am usually up til 1-2 am every night. I am hoping that the bright Florida sun that will appear at 6:30 each morning in my bedroom will help me readjust my schedule. My plan is to be up and meditating on the beach each morning before breakfast. Will see how that goes.

Comment

This alarm clock is awesome...I just wish I had invented it!

http://www.amazon.com/American-Innov...3882086&sr=8-1

Comment

I'm begrudgingly up at 7- no one in this house is an early riser- not the dogs, the cats or the dude.

On a normal weekend, we all usually sleep in until 8- 8:30. I used to be a night owl, but it's just too painful to face the day if I'm up all night. My 'normal' pattern (be kid, and when I travelling [off days are off completely] I would sleep until 9:30 and stay up until 1am.

Jenn

Comment

During the school year, I am up between 6 and 6:30. Summer is usually later, although for the month of June, Luke has basketball at 7:30....so I will have to figure out how I am going to handle that. I am definitely of the night owl persuasion, but DH isn't (and gets very little total sleep in any given week because of work) so I don't push it. We usually go to sleep between 10:30 and 11:00.
                        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I am totally not a morning person. During the school year, I get up at the last minute (6:30 am) with the boys - get them off to school and then get the day started with coffee, newspaper, internet. Usually, I am good to go by 8:30 or 9 am. On the weekends and during the summer, DH gets up and heads to work around 7 while the kids and I sleep to 8 or 8:30. What is so nice about having older kids is that if the boys wake before me, they can make their bfast and entertain themselves until I get up. Sweet! (I consider this only fair as when they were babes and toddlers they would be up before dawn - usually 5 am. By 9, I would think surely it had to be lunch time as we had all ready built a gazillion block towers, read 60 books and colored countless pictures.)

Comment

It depends on how Jack is sleeping. When he is having a run of good nights I get up as early as I can stand (6:30 or 7) to have some time to myself. He usually sleeps until 8:30 or 9am. I don't get time at the end of the day because he doesn't really settle until I go to bed or am at least in the room reading!
                            Earlier than 6:30 is crazy early to me, but maybe I will rethink that now after reading what some of you accomplish in the morning!

Comment

I go to work at 7:00 a.m., so I'm up by 5:30 in the mornings. I'm much more of a night person, so I usually don't get to bed until 11:00 or later, so I know I'm technically sleep deprived, but I just can't seem to make myself go to bed earlier... On the weekends, I usually sleep until 8:00 or so, but sometimes later if I need to catch up.
                              Laurie
                              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I'm totally not a morning person either. When I had to work, it was pure torture to get up at 6:30-7am. It would take me a couple of cups of coffee and a few more hours at work to fully wake up. I wasn't fully functioning until about noonish. Now, I try to be up around 9ish but can also easily sleep until 2pm if nobody bothers me and nothing has to get done.

The few times I had to be up before 6am we were catching a flight. A few weeks back I had to do it for another reason and my mind and body couldn't understand why there were no suitcases and I wasn't heading in the direction of an airport.

Comment

Working...
                                X