Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Father's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's Day

Ok gang, I think we have this conversation every year but lets start throwing out Father's Day ideas to help each other out.

I have no idea for DH and when I asked him he said I have several hundred dollars worth of music I want - so do I get him a iTunes gift card? That seems boring?? Unfortunately A isn't old enough to make him anything yet.

What are you getting your DH or what has been a hit in the past?
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

I think the iTunes gift card is a great idea. Maybe you can make a recording of A singing to go along with it since he wanted music.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Can I also add a twist to the question... Anyone out there do anything cute for fathers-to-be???

TIA!
      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Cheri, A's not too young to do some sort of "handprint" or "footprint"-type gift. I've been doing that with the kids the past couple of years. You can just paint her hands/feet and press them onto a piece of paper. In the past I've just glued pictures of the kid(s) around the handprints along with a small, relevant poem (you can Google them pretty easily) and then stuck the whole thing in a frame. It always turns out really cute. This year I scanned the handprints, thinking I might do a customized gift on Snapfish (like a coffee mug or something) ... but I just never got around to it.

Obviously we don't spend lots of money on gifts around here.
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I am deciding between golf lessons (he needs them) or fishing equipment. I might even get a mini fishing rod so he and DS can go together when he is old enough.
          Danielle
          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Originally posted by Tenacious_D View Post
            I am deciding between golf lessons (he needs them) or fishing equipment. I might even get a mini fishing rod so he and DS can go together when he is old enough.
            I have to laugh at the fishing. DH loves to fish and has spent a butt load of money on the equipment (relatively speaking, given our income). Last summer he caught a couple of little pan fish. We calculated out the price per pound of the fish and realized it came out to about $600/pound! (They were teeny tiny little fish - definately not keepers.)
            Kris

Comment

Ooooooh, I like Jane's ideas!
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

He's getting to look at the new TV I bought. I think Nikolai will make him a coffee cup for work.

Jenn

Comment

I just posted a general post, but Amazon has the Flip for sale for $49.99 (down from $149.99) in the white one that records for 30 minutes, $99 for the 60 minute one.
                  -Deb
                  Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I'm giving DH and the kids fishing rods and a fishing license (for him). Nothing fancy. He's been saying he'd love to take the kids fishing and I often see people fishing in the same river system I hike each day. (It's state park.) I figure we pack a picnic, take the dogs out and unwrap his gifts there. He should have a fun day - as long as it doesn't rain. I might make a Gone Fishing card with the kids. My kids are too old for the hand crafting things now....so get that in when you can! DH has a slew of coffee cups, framed drawings and such. We may have to start with the soap on a rope.
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I might have to steal some of Jane's ideas! I have been trying to think of something inexpensive but cute
                      Of course, DH is working on Father's day.....

Nothing wrong with an Itunes gift card Cheri. That is what DH got me for Christmas, I thought it was great! You can always do a handprint/footprint card too so he has something more personal.

Comment

I'm going to do a pic of the kids spelling out DAD. Either them laying on the ground to spell it out (it helps to have 3 kids) or my friend has large enough red letters that I could use to have each kid holding a letter. My friend and I are going to do the pics at a park next week. That will give plenty of time to order prints and get a frame.
                        Veronica
                        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhh I like this idea. If I only had three kids to pull it off! LOL!
                          Good one!
                          Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                          "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
                            Ohhhhhhhhh I like this idea. If I only had three kids to pull it off! LOL!
                            Good one!
                            You can borrow as many as you want -- I have plenty of friends with 4+ kids. LOL
                            Veronica
                            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by v-girl View Post
                              You can borrow as many as you want -- I have plenty of friends with 4+ kids. LOL
                              Imagine the panic you'd create. Three kids he doesn't know holding a sign that says "Dad". Heck, gather up five and make a sign that says "Daddy".
                              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                              X