Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Most least favorite things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most least favorite things

So we're on the cusp of summer and the days are insanely long (kid's won't go to sleep) and the school year is winding down. What are your most and least favorite things about this time of year?

Favorite: This kid in a house behind us starts practicing his trombone (french horn?) outside every night and he's truly terrrible. Absolutely awful. The neighbor's dogs start howling along with him. It's hysterical and I crack up every summer. I picture his mom making him practice, him protesting all along and the dogs howling. I love it. It's so comforting to me. I'll be so sad when he leaves for college.

Least favorite: Our cotton wood tree is in bloom. Ick. It's the messiest, most allergy-provoking tree ever. I despise it. I dread this time of year.
    -Ladybug

Hopefully he doesn't get any better.

Most: Pool is open! It is sunny! Long days to catch up on all the Vitamin D I've been missing.

I am wishing for some rain. You know June will deliver sooner or later. I just want a little to wash away the pollen. I have officially lived her long enough to be allergic to every damn thing in bloom.
    Last edited by cupcake; 06-03-2009, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Most favorite thing: my tomatoes are ready, my peppers are ready (planted in early March this year), my neighbors are out and about and there's always something fun to do in the 'hood.

Least favorite thing: you pretty much have to be inside from 11am- 3pm from now until October. Even if it's 'just' low 90's the sun is brutal.

Jenn

Comment

Favorite: Swimming!

Least Favorite: The incredible, seering heat. We live on the sun-side of Mercury for several MONTHS out here. It's miserable. Ohhhh, I miss New England summers!
        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
        With fingernails that shine like justice
        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Favorite: Sleeping with the windows open. I love, love, love feeling the cool, summer night breeze. Late afternoon thunderstorms are pretty wonderful, too.

Least favorite: The start of the tourist season. Our little town doubles in size during the summer and our normal haunts can get congested fast. Life just requires a little more planning and, well, I’m lazy.

Comment

Favorite - this is my favorite weather of the year, low 60's in the morning mid to high 70's in the evening. BEAUTIFUL weather.

Least - hmm, the lack of scheduled things to do with the munchkin
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Favorite - kids and I can do whatever we want, when we want. No homework, projects or required reading. I am over it as much as the kids.

Least - the kids' bickering. Gotta keep them busy. . .

Comment

Favorite - "mamamamamamamaaaaa" and baby snuggles. she adores me right now, and I'm soaking it up.

Least favorite - packing and anxiety about my upcoming trip. i want to enjoy it, not stress over it.

Comment

Favorite - today is my last day of work. No more pumping and lots more snuggles with S.

Least favorite - moving. Ugh.
                  Kris

Comment

Favorite: Being outside, and laying out!!

Least: The electric bill from the AC running, and moving
                    Brandi
                    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

most favorite: NO SCHOOL and sunshine

least favorite: can't think of anything....still in the honeymoon phase of summer! not a huge fan of this summer basketball league thing through the high school, with either football or soccer conditioning to be added next week.....but it does keep my oldest busy, active, and out of trouble (just wish he could walk to the high school from here!)
                      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

most favorite: so far, the reduced gas bill. No snow to shovel or in which to get my car stuck.

least favorite: I haven't been outside in weeks. Either working or packing. And the weeds are growing in the flower beds.
                        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Most favorite:
                          No school.
                          I have nowhere I have to drive except the grocery store.
                          The first few weeks of Summer break are slow and easy.
                          SWIMMING AND SUN!

Least Favorite:
                          How cold it still is here.
                          The summer here is really only 8 weeks.
                          I don't know where will be in the fall.
                          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Favorite: the smell of the morning. I just love it. Before it is too hot outside to enjoy being there--early in the morning. It's the best. Love jogging in early summer mornings.

Least Favorite: CHURCH! (I'm so embarrassed to admit this, but I just hate going in the summer.) The reason: they do not have kid's chapel in the summer months, so the kids come to sit with the parents after their Sunday school about half-through through the mass. Let's just say that high mass is not entertaining for my preschooler (almost kindergartner). I just dread going, knowing that I will spend a half-hour threatening my son within an inch of his life under my breath. Oh, so Christian and loving of me, I know.
                            Last edited by GrayMatterWife; 06-06-2009, 11:30 AM. Reason: Type-o

Comment

Favorite: No school, swimming (well when Emma gets her cast off this week), fresh fruits and veggies that are in season

Least: in July having to be in from 11a-7p because of the 100+ degree heat, and having to make sure that I slather on the 45+ SPF sunscreen or my fair skin will burn.
                              Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                              X