Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Accident number 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
    Sounds like you might want to shop around Alison!!!

Esp if you guys get another car down the line...
    Yes, we will! It's one of those things that we put on the back burner for when dh is done with residency. Do you ever feel like you're a man down during residency? I feel like if dh were around more to discuss things (and wasn't half asleep when he IS around), that we'd have things like this under control....
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

That's why my husband only gets a vote, I get #1 decision making status. If he's not around, mama still needs to get the stuff done and decided upon.

As Nikolai has learned to say, "Mommy is ALWAYS right, Daddy."

Jenn

Comment

Haha!!

In our house the other day, Luke was in a tiff and said to Mac: "You're not the boss of me!" And he said, "In this house, WHO is the boss?"
        All the kids looked at him like he was nuts, and they said: "Mom is the boss."

Duh...
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

All the kids looked at him like he was nuts, and they said: "Mom is the boss."
          That is awesome!

At least the kids have it figured out.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

FINALLY, the flippin car is done. It's been a total disaster. State Farm is so bad. DH has called them over and over and over. Once he was dealing with them and one of the other residents overheard and said, Dude, you should really get USAA. DH said, I have USAA, but the OTHER guy has State Farm...

Anyway, so State Farm sent out an appraiser who said that our bent flex pipe from being rear-ended wasn't due to the accident (genius) even though amazingly before the accident the flex pipe wasn't bent but after the collision, it was bent... So, State Farm appraiser said to just put a new muffler on it. Then they called DH and told him the car was ready. DH said, "What??? I never even approved any work." And so on and so on... DH refused to pick up the car without the mechanical issues looked at. The car sat in the *body shop* because State Farm refused to let the mechanics work on it... Finally, DH had a day off (for the July 4 weekend) and went to the shop and talked to the manager, who acted completely surprised by the whole deal, she called the body shop idiots, and she got the State Farm person to come out again and do a mechanical appraisal, and finally, the whole job was done...

I can't believe how bad they are. Stay away from State Farm. DH has spent at least 12 HOURS on the phone with them. Seriously, it's been horrible.
            Peggy

Comment

The logistics of getting the car from the shop to one we may have chosen would've killed us... Plus we had to take it to this particular shop to get it appraised b/c it was one of the only ones with a body shop and mechanical area...

IMO, the problem with the whole thing wasn't the shop. They're ok. But State Farm is just really hard to work with -- for them too. State Farm wanted them to fax them a whole bunch of extra forms, then re-fax, etc., etc. It just was a painful process... But it's almost over!
              Peggy

Comment

I agree - State Farm is a terrible company. I've mentioned this in an Around the House thread, but my in-laws house burned (electrical, no fault of their own), and they'd been insured by State Farm for decades. They fought my in-laws about every single thing! They eventually had to hire a legal firm to help them with all the stupidity. I would never, ever want to have to deal with them for a claim.

Glad everything is done now, though, and hopefully you never have to mess with them again.
                Laurie
                My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Peggy - I'm really sorry you and your DH had to deal with not only the accident, but also being jerked around.

That being said, I am very thankful for the insight. We will be shopping for new insurance companies soon and I now know which company to avoid.

-C
                  Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

We were hoping to buy a little bit of time by transferring our SF account, and then shopping around a bit, but.... they want $950 in semi-annual premiums here! That's $2000/year!!! So, needless to say, we're shopping around. I'll let you know what I find. SF sucks.
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

alison, I think we had Geico in California you might try them.
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                        We were hoping to buy a little bit of time by transferring our SF account, and then shopping around a bit, but.... they want $950 in semi-annual premiums here! That's $2000/year!!! So, needless to say, we're shopping around. I'll let you know what I find. SF sucks.
                        We have 21st Century through AMA. It's about $99/month for dh and I and it is maximum coverage (comprehensive, collision, and liability) in all areas.
                        Tara
                        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Working...
                        X