Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Happy Father's Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all of you wonderful, hardworking dads out there!!
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Indeed!

The Dad in our house is fevery and sickly. (he overdid it on a bike ride yesterday, I think) so we're taking it easy. I'm going to go to a yoga class at the gym and then we'll go hang out in the pool at the gym. (they have some really cool kid slides in the pool) and then we'll go home and hang out in our pool)

We'll see if the Dad wants to tag along.

Jenn

Comment

Happy Fathers Day to the dads!

We are going to go for a bike ride. Not sure if we will cut Anna loose on her bike or keep her on the trail-a-bike. Maybe the pool after that, fingers crossed on the sunshine continuing.

Comment

Happy Father's Day to all you super iMSN Dads! Bask in the love today.
        -Ladybug

Comment

Air conditioner is on the fritz. Guy's coming out tomorrow, so it's a hot Father' Day here.

DS in Pittsburgh with my folks, so talked with him on the phone this morning.

DD is sitting in the shower...for the past three hours (nice and cool--she woke up drenched in sweat--DH stayed home from church and sat in the bathroom while she cooled off).

DH is now writing a grant. DH is always writing a grant.

Aside from the heat, kind of a run-of-the-mill day.

Comment

Happy Father's Day, Dads!
            The dad in this house is working (we did see him for 10 minutes, though). I actually do feel sorry for him - 8 hour shift that became 13 hours yesterday, and an advanced warning call that he'd probably be stuck there close to 12 hours today. Guess he'll see the kids Tuesday to celebrate!
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Yes, hope our wonderful IMSN Dads are having a great day!

Daddy here is working too. 12 (i.e. 13) hr shifts are too long

Comment

We had the family over (just twelve of us total) for a combined Father's Day/Mom's birthday/Husband's birthday cookout. I worried about it beforehand, but it was fine, and even fun, and we're talking about doing it again at the end of the summer. I don't know why I work myself up about these things! Stress out about upcoming event ---> event goes just fine ---> wonder why I was stressed out about this ---> repeat for thirty-four years.

It helps that everyone fits much more easily into our backyard than they do into our apartment. We need to do our entertaining in the summertime.
                Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Working...
                X