Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot

Well, those of us here in South Texas are looking at Stage III water restrictions and yet another week of triple digit heat. I'm barely keeping the veggies alive at this point. There is no yard/green to speak of and I just bought a pool cover to help keep the water from evaporating. It's BAD.

How are things where you are? I'm about to replace the basement windows in the DC house after the near biblical amount of rain they've been having- the windows are so old that they don't seal anymore and there's literally a "River Running Through It".

Jenn

It is in the HIGH 90s here in south/central IL with a lot of humidity - we aren't used to this kind of humid heat!

I am embarrassed to admit that I used my automatic car start to COOL my car before I got in it!
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Too wet and temps lower than normal here. Bring on the mold!!!!!!!
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

My google home page said it was 105 here today (had been predicted to be 95, w/a heat index of 110 to 115). Tomorrow is supposed to be hotter.

It makes me quite happy I got one of these for the kids today http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/nav...&itemid=689199 (similar, not exactly the same, and not that expensive).

Comment

Egads. I won't complain about having to wear a jacket today.

Comment

OMG!! Sounds horrible. The weather here has been crap for about a month...wet and cold. The new apt basement flooded twice so they finally fixed the problem and we have been using heat in E's room at night since it has gotten down into the low 50's....UGH!
            Danielle
            Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

It's in the 90s here and the A/C stopped working on Saturday. They got here yesterday at 8:30 PM to fix it (after I had to work from home all day yesterday--GRRRRR--waiting around). But it's fixed. But not before Ava-Marie got sick from the heat on Sunday night. Poor baby. She woke up about 3:00 AM, about 103-degrees, skin burning. She just can't control her body temperature as well as adults. I put her in a tepid shower and gave her Pedialyte, but I told DH that, if they didn't get it fixed, we would be going up to the hospital the next night and sleeping there. Not going to put her through that again--no way.

They got it fixed. And even comp-ed it, I guess because of how long we had to wait.

Comment

First day of no rain in about 3 weeks! I feel a big park day coming on.
                -Ladybug

Comment

Lots of rain and lawn mowing. Jenn P, we bought something similar for our kids when the kiddie pool crashed. It has been a lifesaver because me taking three kids to a pool can be daunting. It is hot, hot, hot. DH is on vacation this week and golfing today instead of writing an article. Hope he doesn't melt.
                  Needs

Comment

We left our last location with temps below normal and arrived in our new location (about 5 hrs away and mostly ESE of where we were) to temps in the upper 80's to mid-90's. Poor Caleb is going stir crazy because it is way to hot for me to be taking Sophie to the park so he can play with other kids.

That and it has rained 6 out of the 7 days we have been here. Blech.
                    Kris

Comment

Hot and humid here, too, although not as hot as St. Louis or KC, thank goodness. We have had so many rainy days that I am okay with this for now.
                      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3 View Post
                        Hot and humid here, too, although not as hot as St. Louis . .
                        Thanks for rubbing it in...

Actually, I think I am going to miss STL weather, as I am about to leave for three days to Phoenix!

Comment

We came home to 95 degrees yesterday and a heat index above 100, its supposed to be the same today - come on Mother Nature I "chose" MN for a reason!
                          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Here in MI we have not had a staggering hot day yet. I think it will get to 85 today. I have the AC off right now.

Comment

Beautiful here, sunny and mid 90's but no humidity.
                              Tara
                              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Working...
                              X