Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat index of 100 today, and the department picnic is this evening.Even though I'm only at the beginning of the second trimester, apparently my inner thermostat is already on the fritz--yesterday it was only like 85 and I was, um, "glowing" like a pig just walking behind the stroller. I'm sure I will make a dainty impression as usual.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
      Too wet and temps lower than normal here. Bring on the mold!!!!!!!
      The sun has finally come out today. Hopefully it'll stick around for a bit.

Comment

It is 10am here and already Heat Index of 103.. Not a good week to be moving I guess. I better get use to it, St. Louis is even hotter...
        Brandi
        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Typical June weather for here: blue skies and temps in the low 80s. We generally don’t get hot temps until the end of July and August. Even then, the heat is tolerable thanks to no humidity.

Comment

Right now I am really missing New England in the summer. It's like an oven down here.

I'm a native Texan - lived here for well over two decades - and I've never in my life seen things quite this bad. Constant triple digit weather in June? No rain for weeks on end? These are extremes you usually see for only a few weeks at the end of July or in August. But, to have it start in the middle of June has me wondering just how bad it will get.
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Isn't it just ridiculous?

and trust me, she's right- you know how when you open your oven door and that hot air just rushes out- add some humidity and that's what it's like when you leave the house in San Antonio.

Jenn

Comment

What kills me is that every single stinkin' morning we have what look like rain clouds blotting out the entire sky. But, by 10:00 they're almost completely gone! It's like the atmosphere is taunting us....
                Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                With fingernails that shine like justice
                And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

We just came off of the coolest start of June since 1901!! This week we are back in business: 105 to 108... but then again it's a dry heat.
                  BIG TIME difference from the yucky, sticky, oppressive humidity you all deal with!

We will get a"taste"of it, when the monsoon season kicks in.

Comment

We are hot and sticky here too. My parents in south Florida have had 100+ days. That's crazy!! The ocean breeze usually keeps the temp more moderate than that.
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Jenn, you and the dude should visit your grandma. It's perfect here! Clear blue sky in the 80s.

I don't know how you guys do it. Good gravy, to think we almost moved to Dallas. DH would be hating me now.

Nellie, a coat? Dang...

Comment

Today it's 107 here, "feels like 107". LOL. At least yesterday it was overcast (it doesn't feel as hot if the sun rays aren't blasting straight down) but today it's clear and I'm dreading the run to the mailbox.

When we get to Washington it will be 70 and sunny.
                        Alison

Comment

Not a coat, a light jacket.

It was warm yesterday afternoon, I'd even say hot. Cool again though today -- I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt and am going to back out on going to the pool this afternoon.
                          Last edited by cupcake; 06-25-2009, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bittersweet View Post
                            Typical June weather for here: blue skies and temps in the low 80s. We generally don’t get hot temps until the end of July and August. Even then, the heat is tolerable thanks to no humidity.
                            Funny, DH's cousin (who lives in Denver) is up your way for a fishing trip this week and whining on facebook about how humid it is there.

It has been hot here this week - mid-90s. A little humid, but certainly better than DC. And thunderstorms in the evenings, of course.
                            Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Chris-

Totally off topic but said grandmother decided that she really didn't feel like making an appointment to see her primary care doc (she's been cutting her pills in half so that they last longer so that she doesn't have to refill them and also just didn't take her meds for her bleeding ulcer) so she called 911.

So, she's in the hospital where her blood pressure is out of control, etc. but her room-mate used to work for the same department store so it's all good as far as she's concerned.

My mother is pissed!

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                                Chris-

Totally off topic but said grandmother decided that she really didn't feel like making an appointment to see her primary care doc (she's been cutting her pills in half so that they last longer so that she doesn't have to refill them and also just didn't take her meds for her bleeding ulcer) so she called 911.

So, she's in the hospital where her blood pressure is out of control, etc. but her room-mate used to work for the same department store so it's all good as far as she's concerned.

My mother is pissed!

Jenn

Whether she likes it or not sounds like aunty is asking for assisted living or at the very least home health care visits to make sure daily meds are taken!!!

ETA Hot and overcast... come on let's see some rain!
                                Last edited by Momo; 06-25-2009, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X