Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who here has a SO that is MSIII?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here has a SO that is MSIII?

Just wondering who else has a SO just starting clinical rotations =)
    Living the Life of Intern Year...

DF is taking the boards today. He starts MS3 in about 2 weeks with his 1st rotations.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Prayers his way! My BF just took Comlex 1 on the 17th. He is DO rather than MD. I am so thankful the 12-14 hour studying days are over! Does he know what his first rotation will be?

Comment

He's got Neuro/Psych for 4 weeks each. Then he's off all of Sept/Oct for "board study" which he's already did. He's amazing, he did his research block and his board study block simultaneously (with his research prof's permission) so that we can get married in October!!

Then he goes November-June with IM/Surg/ObGyn/Peds. That will be a brutal stretch but I'm just looking forward to the wedding right now. OH, and him getting home in the next few hours so we can CELEBRATE!!!

What about your BF? What is he starting with?
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Oh wow! Well congrats on the wedding!!! =D That's very exciting! My BF is starting out with IM, then OB/GYN, not sure what he has after that...

Comment

How has IM been going? I've heard IM/Surg/Obgyn are the hardest ones.

Comment

He will be starting this coming Monday. He is very excited to start rotations =) He worked as an ER Tech for 3 years before Med School. I read on someone's Blog that Surgery is one of the hardest.

Comment

DH is an MSIII for 5 more days! It is by far the BEST year. Some rotations the hours are heavier than MSII and some rotations the hours are much lighter.

It was SO great to watch DH get out of the classroom and actually see real patients every day! There were some rotations he disliked but it was still exciting to be doing something new! My favorite part was watching DH come home from his surgery rotations... his eyes would light up when he talked about what he saw that day!

Good luck and enjoy it - it is a great year!
                Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

My hubby is not a MSIII but he is attending a DO school. I have heard from several of our MSIII friends that surgery is long hours and mostly scut work.
                  Cheryl~wife to MS3 and Mommy to our two beautiful daughters...

http://simplyimmersed.blogspot.com/
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crick...20671954714125

Comment

MSIII Here. Takes the Comlex on July 10th and the USMLE July 13th
                    Brandi
                    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole3 View Post
                      DH is an MSIII for 5 more days! It is by far the BEST year.
                      WOW, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that, and I'm you know, Pollyanna.
                      Tara
                      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                        WOW, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that, and I'm you know, Pollyanna.
                        I just about fell out of my chair laughing so hard. (Thank you for saying what I was thinking)
                        Kris

Comment

DF finished Step 1 on Friday. Things are already SOOO much better. We actually had a real live weekend for once. We went and did a million errands, went fishing and hiking, went to the beach. Tomorrow it's back to reality because he starts bridge week (orientation on the 6th) and Neuro/Psych the following Monday.

Cassy - our DFs are both on Neuro/Psych first, we'll have to compare notes!!! The lack of communication is already annoying me, he doesn't even know if he has neuro or psych first which matters since it's two different hospitals. I mean you know that SOMEONE knows this, they're just too lazy to tell the students. I know this because several times when I've forced DF to email people to get info, we get it eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
                            I guess we are freaks of nature?
                            Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Cassy- FWIW I think starting out on the Neuro rotation and then maybe doing a Neuro elective at the start of MS4 is a Great way to secure a match in a department that he really likes.
                              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Working...
                              X