Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who here has a SO that is MSIII?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by army md girlfriend View Post
    Haha! This totally resonates with my too! My BF and I were out to dinner this weekend and someone asked him when his ob/gyn rotation in Hawaii was going to be. "Next February?" he said hesitantly, then looked at me... "Caitlin, any idea?" (It's next April and I told out friends the exact dates). He can't keep a single detail of his life straight, but is learning to make lots of lists to manage patients, since I can't take over that organization for him I don't think of it as enabling as much as an area of our lives where we complement each other well. Two overly organized planners seems like it would lead to more conflict (IMO)
    I agree with you on complimenting eachother's style. As much as I complain I really don't mind, and I am kinda a control freak, so it's right up my alley. haha

When did he apply for the rotation in Fort Tripler??? Garrett is hoping he can get in, I hope it's not too late!!!!
    Living the Life of Intern Year...

Comment

Not to be snotty-- I'm really trying to help out here-- they don't call it Fort Tripler.

Just Tripler. It's the name of the hospital-- a big pink thing you can see from the beach.

The other maj medical ctrs for the army are called by their names only--

Madigan is at Fort Lewis, for example, but the hospital/training site is called *Madigan* only.
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
        er.

Just Tripler.
        Or Cripler...depending on your perspective.

Sorry, my cousin and her husband were stationed there for many years.
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
          Not to be snotty-- I'm really trying to help out here-- they don't call it Fort Tripler.

Just Tripler. It's the name of the hospital-- a big pink thing you can see from the beach.

The other maj medical ctrs for the army are called by their names only--

Madigan is at Fort Lewis, for example, but the hospital/training site is called *Madigan* only.

Thank you for the head's up! I know I have a lot to learn... one of the reasons I am here!!

Comment

My BF actually didn't have to apply for the rotation at Tripler in quite the same way that HPSP students do (although I'm not 100% up on how HPSP works). Since he goes to USUHS and has to do all his rotations at military hospitals, there are a certain number of spots at every military hospital and they are picked through a lottery system in May. In fact, even if he had wanted to stay here (in DC) for the whole year he probably couldn't have, because there are only limited spots here. He lucked out (in his opinion since he wants to stay in this area) and is at Walter Reed, National Naval, and Fort Belvoir for most of the year but has one rotation at Tripler and one at Madigan. Good luck to Garrett on getting the rotation at Tripler too!

Comment

I'd never heard it called Cripler, but that's funny. I don't think it'll be bad for a six week rotation, but certainly wouldn't want to end up there for years. Too far away!

Comment

Originally posted by army md girlfriend View Post
                I'd never heard it called Cripler, but that's funny. I don't think it'll be bad for a six week rotation, but certainly wouldn't want to end up there for years. Too far away!
                He is thinking he wants to do a rotation there in Dermatology which is 4 weeks. I don't think that will be that bad. Of course I will be going with him! =) I could use a 4 week vacation on the beach in Hawaii. We looked at the website last night and we are not sure about housing at Tripler. Trying to figure out if his rotation will be AD or Not. He has no idea; never does! Typical med student for ya!

Comment

Originally posted by seaside*bliss View Post
                  Thank you for the head's up! I know I have a lot to learn... one of the reasons I am here!!
                  When I was starting out, I knew less than nothing about the military lingo. I still get confused about all the acronyms... It took me a long time to realize that "Fort" went along with Army bases, and "Camp" with Marine, etc., etc. It really is an entirely different vocabulary!

As far as applying to the different sites, DH went through the same thing as the Army GF since he was at USU, but when he was in rotations there always were HPSPs also rotating, and often they were DOs. It's just a different process for HPSP than USU.
                  Peggy

Comment

The website probably won't help much. The HPSPs who were with DH at Tripler stayed in the VOQ-- within a 5 min walk to the hospital. Everyone stayed at the same place.
                    Peggy

Comment

I never realized the Camp/Fort naming until you just said it... silly me. I think it'll take me a few more years to understand all the military lingo but I've got some of it down I have to ask BF how the ranks work CONSTANTLY though.

Comment

Working...
                      X