Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

4th of July Plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July Plans?

DH was on call at the hospital last night and his shift probably won't end until sometime after 1pm today. I know he'll need a big nap today since I got a txt this morning saying he got no sleep and puked on last night. He has to work tomorrow too, but has Sunday off.

To try and make the most of the holiday weekend, we're planning on catching some fireworks tomorrow night then hit the lake on Sunday.

Who else's "3-day weekend" has been scrunched?

DrK is off this weekend (all 3 days) and so far all we've done is go to the supermarket. I'm time-crunched for my first "big" closing in a long time so I'm not available. No July 4th celebrations because nearly everyone we know has either left to start their residencies or is away this weekend. We are having a couple people over on Sunday but we are not expecting a big crowd.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

DH is on call all weekend....in-house tonight. So a quiet 4th is on the menu for me and my three well-behaved boys. Seriously....I have to figure something out to do or I will go insane.
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

DH is studying for boards that are coming up very soon!! So he will be downstairs locked in the office and I will be unpacking. I hope the neighbors will have a firework show. I love watching them, but the dogs hate them!
        Brandi
        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
          Dh is working sat and on call sunday. I am on the acela heading to dc to spend time with a few friends, and watch the fireworks from a rooftop pool near Gallery Place. I haven't left the NY area since last year and the last 3 months have been emotionally and physically hard. I deserve this time off. And can't wait to get there - 2 more hours!
          Oh, have fun! I am so sad to have left Washington before the 4th.

DH is on night float, so he'll be working. I think I'm going to go watch the local fireworks show by myself. They have the Air Force Academy band coming up. Of course, it's currently thunderstorming, so if it does that tomorrow, this plan may fall through.
          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

My husband is finally off call so we're heading to the other child neurologist's house- the one who is on-call. No rip-roaring times for those two any time soon.

I plan to be home watching the DC fireworks on public television. Yeah, my house is 4 blocks from the Mall. Steams me every year that we're here.

Jenn

Comment

My DH just came home for 6 weeks - first year is done! We met up at the beach with the kids for a few days, now we are back home and the kids have gone to their respective haunts. So far we have gone to the grocery store, gas station and seen a movie. For the 4th we are going to go swimming and to a rural friends house for annual BBQ and sparklers.

I am practicing sticking my fingers in my ears whenever I hear the word "fellowship"

Comment

Dh is on overnight call tonight and again on Sunday. After he comes home tomorrow he will sleep a bit and then all three of us will go out to CT for a barbeque at another surgical residents house and hopefully get home somewhat early.
                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

DH was on call last night and hoped to be home early today - nope! Got home after 6:30pm and has to go into the lab tomorrow for about 2 hours for a time sensitive experiment - so much for "research" hours.

We are headed to a pool party at the Chairman's house after A's nap tomorrow and then hopefully we're going to go find a place where we can watch the fireworks but not hear them. Hopefully A will sleep in the car, her bedtime is 8pm and they don't start until 9:30.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We had our July 4th BBQ tonight. DF came home from his ED shift and we had hamburgers, hot dogs & beer with lots of fruit and ice cream for dessert. Nom nom nom! Sadly, there are no fireworks displays for us to watch tonight.

Tomorrow, DF is on a late ED shift and I will go visit my DM and her BF in our home state to enjoy some more BBQ and local fireworks with them. I'm also trying to arrange a meet up with my dear friend so I can ask her to be one of my bridesmaids!

I hope everyone has an enjoyable holiday, however you wind up celebrating!
                    Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

We are going to a water park with some friends tomorrow. Hoping that everyone has parades and family BBQs to attend so it is not too packed, but pretty much expecting it to be packed. I'm excited though!
                      We should be able to see fireworks from our balcony when we get home tomorrow night.
                      Happy 4th all!

Comment

DH is on call, older kids are celebrating with the IL's, and I am crossing my fingers and praying for labor. Might go walk the mall. Exciting stuff.
                        Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

We are still exploring our new area. We drove to Half Moon Bay yesterday. It was so beautiful, and I was so happy to breathe in some salt water air...

Today we're just hanging out at home. I think we're going to grill some shrimp for dinner.
                          married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Happy 4th of July everyone!!
                            Have a safe and happy holiday!!
                            Brandi
                            Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

LOVE Half Moon Bay, you'll have to go for their Pumpkin Festival

You may be able to see some fireworks from your place - Shoreline has some which is just on the southern border shoots them off.
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X