Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Private Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Boards

I am SO curious!! Trying my best to reach 50 so I can join the discussions. Are the private boards more active than the public?
    Living the Life of Intern Year...

Activity seems to be seasonal around here. We usually get a "dead" period in the summer when everyone is moving to their new location. It heats up a bit in the Fall again. It is (honestly) hard to predict.

Private boards are designed to give the site members a little more security. It's the internet, after all, and medicine is a small world. After a few years, you start bumping in to the people you met online IRL.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Start a debate, that usually gets you up to 50 posts FAST.
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
        Heh, that was definitely what I did.

It's been pretty quiet the last week or so, pretty much across the boards, for whatever that's worth. I think Angie's probably right about everyone moving.
        Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

You need to give everyone time to start saying, "what the hell did we sign on for..." then it gets really busy. There also seems to be a spike around Dec/Jan. You'll notice lots of join dates around those times.
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

HAHA I am going to go ahead and take a wild leap and guess that you have done that several times? LOL

Comment

You need to give everyone time to start saying, "what the hell did we sign on for..."

Ya, I could see that... Let the bitc*fest begin!!

Comment

I reached over 50 today (it does goes fast!) just waiting on approval from the admins! Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by seaside*bliss View Post
                  I reached over 50 today (it does goes fast!) just waiting on approval from the admins! Yay!
                  Ha ha - I've seen a bunch of your posts and was thinking you were probably getting close. And FYI they may not necessarily let you know your settings changed but you will be able to go under CP (control panel) and choose to view private boards.
                  Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole3 View Post
                    Ha ha - I've seen a bunch of your posts and was thinking you were probably getting close. And FYI they may not necessarily let you know your settings changed but you will be able to go under CP (control panel) and choose to view private boards.

Ya sitting here while BF plays his MUD with his buddies online.. we are official nerds lol How do you choose to view private boards under CP?

Comment

Under the "user cp" click on "group memberships".
                      Kris

Comment

Working...
                      X