Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fun Poll: What is your favorite City/Region and Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite city: Zürich, Switzerland.
    Favorite region: Southwestern Germany.
    I love that part of the world for so many reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
      I'd love it if you stayed on the West Coast. Spreading your Jayhawk love.
      If we found the right job that allowed us to live the way we want to live we wouldn't completely rule it out
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Taking a cue from Lily.

Domestic: NYC will always remain my first and true love. It still feels like home every time we visit. Unfortunately affording it is quite another story.

International: Buenos Aires hands down. We'd love to retire there one day.

Comment

I like the west coast from San Francisco up (mmm...maybe Santa Barbara and up) and am happy living here in a more (the most?) affordable city.

I miss real snow in the winter. There are a bunch of places I would love to live after my kids are grown -- the Oregon coast, several mountain towns in Colorado, or Taos NM. I really miss the mountains of Colorado and northern NM.

I can usually find something to like about most any place I go even if I wouldn't want to live there. I have been surprised every time I visit by the beauty of the Western Wisconsin landscape. I'd only last there a few months, maybe a few weeks in the winter.

Comment

I love the relaxed attitude and left leanings of the PNW. I love that you can enter a fancy restaurant and see a man with Tevas and a Facanable shirt. I love how there are many transplants as well as people who are fifth generation Washingtonians. I love how you can drive to Eastern Washington and be (seemingly) in a different state entirely.

I love Portland, Eugene and Bend OR.

I love the seafood, yummy native beer, and unlimited restaurants. I love how kid and dog friendly the whole area is.

I LOVE THE PNW.
            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

new england of course.

I love Vermont for many reasons other than the fact that's home.

I love all the seasons, except mud season. I love the farms, the corn fields, cows grazing, strawberry/blueberry/raspberry picking. I love the fall! The changing leaves, the gondola rides up the ski slopes to see for miles...nothing but fall foliage! Picking pumpkins...apple picking! The crisp air. The first smells of woodstoves coming alive. Snuggling up by a warm crackling fire, the first snow makes the roads quiet, and clean. Atleast until the plows come through
              Skiing, snow shoeing, sledding, tubing! Snow forts and snowmen! I love the bright vibrant greens of spring, and sugaring season. I have the best memories sitting in the sugar shack, while the sap boils. 50-60 degree days...freezing nights.
              And then summer again! Off to the lake for swimming, out door parties, walks on the dirt roads, canoeing, bike rides, watching the tractors spreading and mow.....

(I love Maine too. I could go on about lighthouses, but I'm sure you've heard enough from me. LOL!)
              ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I love San Antonio even w/ record breaking heat. Ilove living downtown in my funky historic neighborhood full of artists and tree-huggers. I'm not leaving unless the Army makes us and even then I'm coming back asap. I miss DC tho so in an ideal world we willkeep the house there and someday use it as a vacation place.

Comment

San Antonio will always be a close second for me. Ideally, I would live here in the late spring/summer/early fall, and there for the rest of the year. That was a very hard place to leave.
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I will add Hawaii to my list of places to live after kids are grown.

Overall I would want not too hot, not too cold, and minimal humidity.
                    Last edited by cupcake; 07-09-2009, 01:47 PM.

Comment

U.S. = Austin, TX is my fav.
                      Although I would love to live in Aspen or Fort Collins CO, being a FL girl, I know I'd hate the winters. DH and I also considered Seattle. Love it there - love the proximity to Vancouver and Whistler BUT we have always visited in the summer. I would hate the rainy, gloomy weather time.

International = It would have to be Mendoza, Argentina. OR if we did not have to work, I would say Placencia, Belize.
                      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

My places mirror Cupcake's. Santa Barbara northward along the coast is great. And Hawaii, too!

Internationally, I'd have to go with Berlin. So much history, and neat places to explore!
                        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We love love love Tucson. The beautiful blue skies, warm weather, friendly people. We love our roots here and that the children have roots here as well. Dh and I also loved northern CA and would have loved to stay if the cost of living was not so out of control.

However, our ideal home and setting is this:

Tara
                          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Tara, that looks like Kentucky to me! Embrace your inner redneck and come closer.

Kelly
                            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies View Post
                              new england of course.

I love Vermont for many reasons other than the fact that's home.

I love all the seasons, except mud season. I love the farms, the corn fields, cows grazing, strawberry/blueberry/raspberry picking. I love the fall! The changing leaves, the gondola rides up the ski slopes to see for miles...nothing but fall foliage! Picking pumpkins...apple picking! The crisp air. The first smells of woodstoves coming alive. Snuggling up by a warm crackling fire, the first snow makes the roads quiet, and clean. Atleast until the plows come through
                              Skiing, snow shoeing, sledding, tubing! Snow forts and snowmen! I love the bright vibrant greens of spring, and sugaring season. I have the best memories sitting in the sugar shack, while the sap boils. 50-60 degree days...freezing nights.
                              And then summer again! Off to the lake for swimming, out door parties, walks on the dirt roads, canoeing, bike rides, watching the tractors spreading and mow.....

(I love Maine too. I could go on about lighthouses, but I'm sure you've heard enough from me. LOL!)

i wanted to add to my response.

covered bridges, town greens, the small churches in the tiny downtowns. stone walls, dirt roads lined with maple trees, the gorges...the morgan horse farm....
                              ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
                                Tara, that looks like Kentucky to me! Embrace your inner redneck and come closer.

Kelly
                                Kelly's right! It does look like Kentucky! The parts I have seen are beautiful!

Northern California is super duper expensive, but we are finding that food is actually cheaper (and tastier) here than in Chicago.

I would consider staying here after this year... Moving up the coast closer to my family would be helpful and nice with children, so that we can all see each other more. On the flipside, I do like that we have to travel to see each other and that we've got our own space!
                                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                                X