Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I admit defeat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I admit defeat!

Just public notice that I have utterly failed to keep up with all the posts around here lately. I have marked all forums "read" (a big fat lie ) and I am resolved to do better in the future.

Good mojo and prayers sent out for all of you with troubles that I may have overlooked in the past few weeks.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

good think you're well loved around here, angie.

you're forgiven.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Aside from the personal prayers that are needed, the rest of the posts can pretty much be summarized as follows:

1. DHs are annoying because they are oblivious.

2. Some of us are pregnant; many of us who aren't are wondering, "When is the best time to have kids?"

4. Someone thought it would be a good idea to create a "Chia Pet" with Obama's head. Some people think it's hilarious (or, at least, funnier than the average Chia pet), some people think it's funny but are probably nervous because it might be construed as racist, because it looks like an "Afro," and some people just think it's offensive or tacky. But pretty much no one thinks it is something they would buy.

5. Rapunzel, Pollyanna, and I are conservatives.
      Last edited by GrayMatterWife; 07-16-2009, 10:45 AM. Reason: Edit

Comment

Grey Matter Wife (A), you crack me up!!!
        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
        With fingernails that shine like justice
        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Abigail may not have noticed, but I am liberal just in case you didn't know.
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Strong work Abigail!
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Too funny! I'd say that's an accurate summary.

Comment

Abigail pretty much summed it up!!
                Brandi
                Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Thanks A for the executive summery!

BTW List me under No.2. Thanks.
                  Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                  "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
                    Thanks A for the executive summery!

BTW List me under No.2. Thanks.
                    Wait a sec...! No. 2 refers to two different groups of people: are you pregnant or wondering when is the best time to have kids!?!

If you're expecting: Congratulations! THAT'S SO AWESOME! If this is the first time you've mentioned in on iMSN, you've GOTTA start a thread. Don't let your great news be buried here!

If you're wondering when is the best time to have kids: Congratulations! You've joined the rest of us in the world of neurotic overthinking!

Comment

She has a thread. . . I believe it is the one that begins, "What does it mean when there are 2 pink lines?"

Oh, and those of us that are pregnant are still wondering when is the best time to have kids.
                      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                        She has a thread. . . I believe it is the one that begins, "What does it mean when there are 2 pink lines?"

Oh, and those of us that are pregnant are still wondering when is the best time to have kids.
                        Oh, cool! I'm so sorry...so many folks have baby news, that I've lost track of who's expecting. I rely on those "baby countdown tickers" that some folks have on their signature lines!

Comment

Abigail you crack me up! Yes, I had several "inconclusive" HPTs. I had the "faint line" problem. I posted on here... as IF someone on here could tell me if I was pregnant or not! LOL! Looking back, that was such a silly thing to post about. Based on the encouragement of those on here and one IRL friend I went to the doctor the same day that I posted.

MrsK.- Yep, I'm also wondering when the right time to have kids. I haven't had this one and now I'm wondering about when to try for #2. Talk about over thinking something. Gezzz.

Comment

Heck, I'm still wondering when it would be a good time to have the one I'm incubating.
                            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                              Heck, I'm still wondering when it would be a good time to have the one I'm incubating.
                              How about at 40 weeks?

Comment

Working...
                              X