Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Valentine's day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine's day

V-day is just a week off...what are everyone's plans? Quiet evening at home? Night on the town? What's Valentine's day? haha.

My bf and I haven't solidified plans yet. We're thinking dinner (out? in?) and then not sure. I got us Flyers tickets for the 20th as part of our present so we'll be doing that next week. Really, I'm just happy to be spending the night with my bf!

Sharon

Our Christmas present from our very bestest friends was floor seats to Santana! So- we're going to have a quick bite and then, to quote the SA Express-News, have a "love-fest with Santana". We're also seeing Jewel on the 13th and having a group of people over for dinner on Saturday night, then I fly to Chicago on Sunday for Monday's job interview. A whirlwind weekend!

Jenn

Comment

Yeah, we're going to a Caribbean island for 4 1/2 days next week to soak up the sun. (I feel like I can hear a collective groan from y'all!)

Actually--this is our Christmas, Valentine's Day, Anniversary, and Birthday gifts rolled into one. Let's just say that we both desperately need this break.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Caribbean

You guys are going to have a blast, Kelly.

We have a surprise planned for our children for Valentines' Day...we're taking them to a local hotel that has a huge amount of children's activities and several diff. kind of pools for kids.

It's going to be fun!!! We're going to go out Friday night first though...so we'll have some couple time too

Kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm totally jealous of all of you! Jenn, I would love to see Santana!!! Anyhow, this is a call weekend so we'll do our usual--we order sub sandwiches from "Planet Sub", which makes the best sandwiches I have ever tasted. Heck, maybe we'll even splurge and rent a movie !
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

We're going to see Blue Man Group, which was my boyfriend's surprise to me (he couldn't contain himself and keep it a surprise very long ) and is actually a very cute idea because on like our second date or so, two years ago, we happened to walk by the theater where they're showing and he was like "You know, I know they're slightly cheesy but I've always wanted to see them" and I was like "Me too!" and he was like "We should go sometime" and I was like "Yeah, that would be great." It was sort of the first time we had indicated that we both wanted to continue dating. It was one of those "moments." But then we never got around to seeing the show!

I was actually relieved because last year was our first V-day together and he did nothing. And I would have been happy with a card and a "Happy Valentine's Day! I'm glad you're my girlfriend!" but he totally ignored the whole day. And then he was surprised that my feelings were hurt. I don't know what he's thinking sometimes. So a couple weeks ago he asked me with some trepidation "What do you want to do for Valentine's Day?" and I said "It honestly doesn't matter, but I think you should come up with something" and he agreed. I'm glad he came up with something good--I love it when our relationship makes actual progress.
            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I'm jealous of everyone. I think I am going away for a few days. I have three days off. I told Jory I want to go away and would love for him to come with me, but if not I will take books and relax. I want to go to either Gettysburg or the shore (both about 1 1/2 hours). I doubt he will go beause he took off this past weekend to go to a baseball pitching clinic with his son, and two weeks ago to take his daughter back to school. Am I sounding bitter? He said his parents want to come this weekend, but I would end up entertaining them the entire weekend while he stays at the hospital. Am I sounding bitter? Anyway, they can visit, he will have to entertain them if I am not here, and I will relax and order room service for three days. I would love it if he decided to get coverage and come with me, but I don't think it will happen. Am I sounding bitter?
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Luanne,

Go and enjoy yourself. And for the record, you are not bitter...I am. I keep joking that my name should be "little miss sunshine" because of my cyncism. Maybe we are just realists.

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

For Valentine's we are going to our church where the youth have planned a dinner and dancing. The kids are being babysat by the young men (12-18 years old) and we are supposed to get dancing instructions on how to ramba! It should be fun and we will know a lot of people.

The next day ... we are taking the kids all day to the rodeo. It is a major splurge for us (it's hard to do anything when you have to pay for six people!) Russ is on vacation all next week but the kids are in school so this is our fun weekend plans.

Hope everyone has a GREAT Valentine's!

Robin

Comment

WOW.....I am totally jealous of all of you!! Everyone has such fun plans, even if they aren't plans to celebrate in style.
                    Our plans, I am going to cook a favorite mexican dish and that will be about it. We are lame!!

Comment

What's Valentine's Day? Is that some sort of holiday? I picked up a card and a little present (he gets angry if I give him chocolate because of the cholesterol), but since he's barely speaking to me, I think February 14th is going to be just a very ordinary day. I'm jealous of anyone who has someone to love that loves them, no matter how you're celebrating the holiday...

Eliz

Comment

No one should feel lame -- we all do what we can, and that differs according to our SO's schedule and our cash flow, right?

I remember one Valentine's Day DH made us all heart-shaped pancakes (it was a Saturday) in the morning and that was IT! At the time, I was really touched because he was working SO hard and he was SO tired and he made the effort anyway.

This year, he is on call and so I arranged to pick up a Valentine's dinner for two from our favorite restaurant. It is really the only good restaurant here, and it is usually only open for lunch, so we hardly ever get there, but they are open for dinner on Valentine's Day. I don't know what we will do with the kids while we have our fancy meal -- I am thinking about renting a movie they haven't seen and having them eat lunchables while watching! That will take care of the older two, at least......

I also have a dentist appt. that day and I know I will be getting at least two fillings. After that, I am helping with my son's (4 years old) class party and I am also going to try to buy McDonalds and take it to school to have lunch with my 7 year old. So, a big day.

Sally
                        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Okay, Sally. You have to let me in on what your favorite resteraunt is in Wichita Falls. I absolutely loved Lelaini's when I lived there. Is it still around? Oxford Street is nice and of course I will always have a special place in my heart for the Parkway Grill since that is where DH and I met even though its not a real great place to eat.

Trisha

Comment

Elizabeth,
                            Want to go to Gettysburg with me!! I hope things get better for you.
                            Luanne
                            Luanne
                            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Trisha,

I knew there was someone here who had lived in Wichita Falls, but I forgot who! Lelaini's is not here anymore -- I've never heard of it. Oxford Street is okay, but their salads are usually kind of brown, which is a pet peeve of mine. This place is called Pasqual's and they used to be open at night, but aren't anymore. I don't know how long they have been open, but I do know that the owner opened the place because she moved here and realized there were no good restaurants. Refresh my memory -- why were you here?

Sally
                              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                              X