Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Looks like we'll be moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like we'll be moving

Well Gregg and I spent the weekend in KC looking at houses for an anticipated move. The more we think about it, it makes sense to go ahead and take the plunge. It'll be easier taking care of my dad and I always wanted to get back eventually anyway. Unfortunately, this upcoming baby won't have the benefit of having his mom with him 24/7 like the others did as I doubt I will find a job that lets me bring him to work. In fact, I doubt I'll even take any real maternity leave because I will need to get stuff wrapped up at my job. The whole premise of finding and starting a new job is incredibly scary since I am so comfortable where I am currently. Of course we found THE house this weekend and could actually afford it if the match were done and I had secured a job similar to the one I have now. It's been on the market for 5 months, so I hope it stays there just a little bit longer. Now I am looking forward to a great time organizing, packing and selling my house with a 3 year old, a 1 year old and a 1 month old and then starting a new job as soon as possible. Perhaps I really am insane. 8O I just can't wait until it is all said and done so I can stop obsessing over the match and whether moving is the right choice. How did you all who have had to do this, deal with all of this? It seems absolutely overwhelming!

Tiffany

Tiffany-

Until you know for sure where you're going, there's no point in letting yourself stress about it! That's how we got through it, once we knew we ramped things up but I did my best to not plan too far ahead. I looked at realtor.com in every area that my husband could have been sent, just to feel like I had some control. Other than that...I walked the dog a lot!!

Jenn

Comment

Hey, that's great that you're coming back to KC!!! Any ideas where you will live? We love Kansas City--we bought an old fixer-upper in mid-town and it takes my husband like 2 minutes to get to the hospital from where we live!
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Sue

We're thinking Lee's Summit or Overland Park right now. He has interviewed at Truman-Lakewood, Baptist-Lutheran and KU. I would likely end up working downtown somewhere. Many of my relatives live in Lee's Summit (instant babysitting!) and I grew up on the Kansas side...plus there are many available homes with all the displaced Sprint workers in Overland Park. We'll just have to see what pans out and where he matches of course. I love the old midtown homes, they have such great charm. With 3 small kids, though, the idea of a fixer upper would be too hard. Quite frankly, any house we buy may become a fixer upper once my kids are done with it! Where is your s.o. doing residency?

Tiffany

Comment

Tiffany,
          My husband is at KU, though he occasionally will have a rotation at the VA.
          I totally agree about having a fixer-upper with kids. We bought this house when we were still kidless, so we had a good year to get stuff done. It is mostly done now, though with these old houses there is always more to do!
          I'm more familiar with the Kansas side, I lived over there before we got married. Overland Park is nice, and I hear Lee's Summit is nice, too. Although with Lee's Summit, I would hate relying on I-70 to commute--it can be such a nightmare during rush hour!
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Tiffany,

Best of luck with all the changes...everything always works out just the way that it should. You do have a lot on your plate. Come here to vent any time.

Kelly
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Tiffany, gald that you will be headed back to familiar stomping grounds!
              We are in Mission, jsut on the Kansas side. My wife works at CMH and we are only about 12 minutes from the hospital WITH traffic! That was a big deal for all those post-call drives home. Heading south on I-35 in the afternoon is a bear!
              We did the same as most resident/families do and bought a fixer-upper house and have, as the realtor put it "cutified", it.
              Good luck in your coming move and the job hunt!

Comment

Working...
              X