Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Best Dress Pants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Dress Pants?

Okay, so I'm about to start my new job and it is vastly different from previous experience. I have always worked in a laboratory setting where no one cared what you wore assuming you had your lab coat, closed toed shoes and safety glasses. Now, onto the real world - I will be working in an office setting and need to get more office-appropriate pants (think not nice jeans which is mostly what I have.) I'd love any suggestions as to where to find nice pants for decent prices?

-C
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

I found that Dockers Metro slacks (can be found all over, but I've gotten them at Macy's and Kohls, I think) fit me comfortably and look reasonably professional, and aren't horribly expensive when they're on sale. I am the complete opposite of fashion-aware, though...
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Target has some pretty cheap pants but they can be hit or miss - personally my favorite dress pants are Express dress pants but they aren't exactly cheap so I ask for them for Christmas and Birthdays.
      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I like Ann Taylor. Brooks Brothers is too pricey for me and BR pantsuits often are not lined (so, if they are woolen, they are ITCHY!).

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
          Why pants? Is that a safety requirement or something?
          Well, I'm out of the lab now, but in the lab because we were working with acids/bases etc, long pants were preferred. But now, sky is the limit. I figured I'd start with pants and work my way into skirts & dresses. (It is so new to me to be able to open my eyes to clothing again - before, in the lab, I had to pick clothes that I wouldn't mind getting acid holes in!)

I'll take any suggestions! I feel like such a fashion-baby...but DH thinks I should spend some $$ on a more office appropriate wardrobe if I feel like it (how can I resist?!).

-C

Comment

I found Ann Taylor affordable and comfortable. The sales-people were also very helpful and never made me feel bad about not having any fashion sense. Another option is to get Vishenka to visit and shop with you (seriously).
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Ann Taylor, Brooks Brothers, J Crew, Gap, Banana, and New York and Company. Those are the stores I always go to when I need work clothes. Usually between those I can find something, Tax Free Weekend in Missouri this weekend, so might be the time for me to get some more.
              Brandi
              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

J.Crew and Ann Taylor are my picks. I also like The Limited but I'm not sure that store is in all states...

Comment

Thank you so much, you are all fabulous! I'm off shopping tomorrow morning...yippie!

Comment

The Limited has great work pants and skirts.
                    Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

--update--

Okay, so I had fun at Ann Taylor LOFT today and was about to cringe when it was being rung up (I was building a new wardrobe okay?!) but then the salesgirl informed me that it was 30% off Friends & Family and she was calling us her California friends as she had moved to CO from CA a few years ago. *sweet*

So then, of course, I took the savings and bought shoes!

Thank you all for the suggestions, I am thrilled with the pants (and skirt, and blouses, and camis, and jackets...etc) that I found. I will look sharp on my first day...errr...week!

-C

Comment

Yay! That's so awesome! Ann Taylor is my own allotted store credit card. I shop there often enough to make it worth the occasional sales they have for card members.

I'm not sure which part of Colorado you're in, but in the future I have to recommend White House | Black Market. It's great for basics and dresses. They have an amazing loyalty program - after you spend $300, you get 5% off for life. That's even off clearance items!
                        Anyway, they have locations in Aurora, Boulder, Colorado Springs, Denver, Lakewood, Littleton, Lone Tree, Loveland.

...I'm a little obsessed.
                        Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCHoosier View Post

I'm not sure which part of Colorado you're in, but in the future I have to recommend White House | Black Market. It's great for basics and dresses. They have an amazing loyalty program - after you spend $300, you get 5% off for life. That's even off clearance items!
                          I didn't know WHBM did that! I love that store. Amazing dresses for special occasions (weddings, graduations etc..)
                          Brandi
                          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCHoosier View Post
                            Anyway, they have locations in Aurora, Boulder, Colorado Springs, Denver, Lakewood, Littleton, Lone Tree, Loveland.

Oooh, well I am hardly done with my wardrobe update, so I am so there. It sounds perfect, I am working in Denver, and living in Aurora...perfect. Thanks for the advice...I'm already drooling at some of the dresses!

-C

Comment

Working...
                            X