Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Difference between Residency Interview Applications and....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ughhh now I am even more stressed!
    I am copying this entire thread of advice and emailing it to him right now!

Comment

Originally posted by AmberW View Post
      Ughhh now I am even more stressed!
      I am copying this entire thread of advice and emailing it to him right now!
      Don't rag on him too much! Who knows how much he'll appreciate being told, "These ladies on the internet whose husbands are in medicine say UR DOIN IT WRONG!!!" LOL.
      Alison

Comment

I know! I was thinking the same thing...
        Last night I brought it up in a "soooooo I was reading somewhere..." kinda way. But he gave me his blessing to pass on whatever information I have.
        He is fairly open to me helping out... as long as I am not nagging!

And really... me? Nagging? NEVER! lol

Comment

Yeah, it's a tough line to walk, but this is a legitimate reason to be concerned. He needs to call his school first thing on Tuesday morning and set up an appointment to talk to someone about the Match process. He needs to get all of this done now, and there's only so much information we can give him. They can go through a checklist with him to see exactly where he is in the process.
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Amber

Here is some info about Match (that I wrote myself) (Also see this one).

PM (personal message me) if you have any questions!

Like someone else already said if he is doing ortho (or a competitive specialty, to apply ASAP!!!). (Also to give you an idea my husbands friends that are applying to ortho are applying to anywhere between 30 and 50 programs, but a dean or someone at his school can look at his qualifications and give him a better idea)

Also: you can only be invited to interview at places you apply to; you can only rank programs that you were invited to interview at and ACTUALLY interviewed at!
            Last edited by MarissaNicole; 09-14-2009, 06:41 PM.
            Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Yikes! He needs to get a move on pronto! Dh and most of the other med students had their eras application & essay filled out with programs picked by now. If he can he should have a mentor or someone in the field he wants to go into read and review his personal essay. This was almost four years ago for us but I remember dh being sent home with a packet about ERAS and the whole process & some pin or id to log into ERAS with in July/Aug.

I hope he's got it more together than it sounds! This is some serious stuff!! Not to be messed with!! Good luck!
              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Working...
              X