Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Hi,

I'm new to this board but have been lurking for a while. It is absolutely delightful to see so many ladies (and gentlemen) who are also working through the travails of a medical marriage.

In my case, my hubby is a first year resident and we just moved to our new residency location. We don't really know anyone and things are rather stressful for him with all of the new stuff going on, especially after a bumpy couple of years in medical school. We are working through this and making reasonable adjustments for the sake of our marriage, future, and our beautiful 3 children.

Well I'll be around!

Welcome to the community from another fairly new member. I just moved to meet up with my SO in a new community and he really knows no one from his past year being here since he rarely sees the light of day. Anyway, long story long, I understand the feeling of it being lonely in a new place. Hopefully with your children getting active in school and other events you will be able to meet others. I wish you luck!
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Hi! Welcome!!!
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Welcome!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Welcome!
          -Deb
          Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Hi there and welcome!
            Tell us more about yourself when you settle in

Comment

Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you! It is difficult getting used to a new town. I hope you're able to get connected soon. It does get easier when you've made some friends.
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Welcome! I am new here too and have figured out that this is a great place to know that you aren't alone on this insane ride

Comment

Thanks ladies

Thanks to you all, what a great, supportive group. Yeah, being a medical spouse can really be hard but it doesn't really compare to what they go through in the hospital. As sticking by my husband's side and helping to get him get through it is what I intend to do, you all will be a helpful sounding board for things. I've really enjoyed reading about all of your experiences thus far.

Comment

Welcome from a fellow newbie!

I hope you're able to find the support and knowledge you need here!

I too have been perusing the boards and have found the stories and experiences shared on here comforting, informative, encouraging, and sometimes scary. But even the scary ones remind me that this is not an easy ride for anyone and I'd better get prepared now!
                    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by timmers View Post
                      Yeah, being a medical spouse can really be hard but it doesn't really compare to what they go through in the hospital.
                      What they do at the hospital is really rough but I think being the other spouse can be just as difficult in a different way - often times it is the non-medical spouse who not only makes sacrifices but is the glue that holds a medical family together (I just want to make sure you are giving yourself enough credit!)

Do you work outside the home, go to school or are you a SAHM? Tell us more about yourself!

and nice to meet you!
                      Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Welcome from someone who is decidely NOT a newbie. (June, 2001!) Beware of the addictive qualities of the site.

Kelly
                        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome! looking forward to hearing more abt you!!

Comment

Welcome!!!
                            Veronica
                            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Right, see you around the boards then!

Comment

Working...
                              X